World at War | PS3

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Touko White, May 21, 2016.

1. Touko White
    OP

Touko White Scarlet's Clone

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England
    Just wondering if any of you still play COD: World at War on PS3.

I've bought the game from eBay again (only 4 quid or so) and should be arriving by Tuesday or in another short time.

I last played it on console: December 29, 2014.
    The disc was thrown out for some reason, I can't think why :(

It's still my favourite Call of Duty and just watching a walkthrough of the campaign gave me nostalgia chills! <3

But I remember the modders/hackers - I also remember it was kind of mellowing out around the end of 2014, and the peaks of users were the same as in December 2013 (most ever seen was something like 5,218 between December 2013-2014), but the hackers were definitely going away as BO2 and BO1 were being exploited, and more legitimate players were coming back.

So, what are the counts like today and also what are the modder to real ratio like at the moment? The cool game seems to be BO2 nowadays, so I think it would still be dropping in hacker territory occupation. :D

I'll be free to play private and public matches, even if you are a modder, I don't mind having fun with people that can't be killed without using a sniper or such :P (that happened to me before, the hacker himself wasn't a public-lobby one and was quite a good player, but he hasn't logged in for about 15 months according to one of my PSN alts)

Would like to see some play in Domination (private) since no one plays it on this game, never actually played Dom on this game, ever, because no one was in the lobbies...
    I would like to see a resurrection of players one day!

Spiralcannon2-CW is my PSN :)

2. jDSX

jDSX *pokes*

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    I still play WaW to this day, and I did online a bit but then the hack-the-lobbies came and ruined my online PS3 WaW days. But I still look for legit play if I am on hit me up.

PSN: Mazerkist65

3. Touko White
    OP

Touko White Scarlet's Clone

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England
    Thanks.
    I should be getting it in two days' time.

I'm Spiralcannon2-CW

jDSX likes this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I only have one call of duty game for ps3 and that is black ops2....
    oh wait, what this? modern warfare 2? i didn't buy this.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 2, 2016
  5. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    This is back when COD was a World War II shooter

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I dunno anything about the series personally, i bought the game back in 2012 when i was trying new games outside what i usually play to try and make friends, i was appealed by the being future thing hoping to see fun kinds of weapons, like futuristic stuff obviously like metat gear solid, rachet and clank or star fox. But there was no lasers or blasters anywhere.