Working NES emulators for the Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by cturtle, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009
  1. cturtle
    OP

Newcomer cturtle Member

Canada
    I was just wondering if someone could fill me in on what's needed to get NES roms working on the Acekard 2i. I never had a problem with my R4 on my original DS, but I've got the DSi and the Acekard 2i now, and when I load NesDS all I get is black screen.

I'm assuming there must be a way, I just couldn't find it.

Thank in advance. [​IMG]

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Are you using the really old version of nesDS, which you needed to actually load the NES roms into the .nds file, or are you using the DLDI version of nesDS?

I can use NESDS just fine on Acekard 2i, I use the DLDI version.
    You can find it in the Gbatemp downloads.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you must use the akaio firmware.

-another world

4. siriso-sama

Newcomer siriso-sama Member

United States
    dont use akaio because when i used it i could not use my save files i already had you make new ones making you start over
    stay with the official software and use the latest nesds DLDI works for me

5. cturtle
    OP

Newcomer cturtle Member

Canada
    Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'm using a pretty old version. It's the same one I had on my R4 about a year ago so I'm guessing it's too old.

I'll grab the DLDI version. [​IMG]

6. cturtle
    OP

Newcomer cturtle Member

Canada
    Well I've tried everything, and nothing works for me. I've tried every version of NESds on both akaio and the Acekard firmware and I still can't seem to get it working. On the akaio firmware all I'm getting is a blank NESds menu, and on the Acekard firmware I get the frozen menu problem. Is there anyone else who has had this problem that can help me out here?

My acekard works great for everything else, it's just this that gives me problems.

7. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Try reformatting the card with the official SD formatter?

8. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    On rare occasions I've had some issues with AKAIO not auto DLDI patching. You should thus try to manually patch Acekard2 (works with 2i) to NESds.

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    akaio 1.4.1 dldi has issues. use the official dldi for now. the problem should be fixed for 1.5. both should be using the same dldi file but team acekard never supplied the sources to norm and smiths. as a result the akaio dldi is based off the r.p.g open source nand code (i think?).

@cturtle: i play nesds everynight, i'm addicted to an unlicensed dump of a solitaire game! i am currently using akaio 1.4.1 proper on both my ak2.1(s) and my r.p.g. do as da-bomb1 already suggested and give your kit a reformat using the panasonic formatter. when setting it back up put on akaio 1.4.1 proper repack, and try the dldi file from the official acekard firmware. just over write the akaio one with the official. it does work, you just need to work out what your issues are.

-another world

10. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you like Solitaire, I guess that you could play ClubHouse Games, which have Solitaire in the whole pack [​IMG]

11. cturtle
    OP

Newcomer cturtle Member

Canada
    Thanks guys, that gives me a few things to try after work tonight. [​IMG]

Hopefully I can finally get this working. NESds is the main reason I own the Acekard.

12. refundgame

Newcomer refundgame Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem, the menu freezes when I load NESDS on my Acekard 2i.

The developer's website isn't hosting NESDS anymore, so I'm not sure what version the NESDS that I managed to find is, and I can't find this DLDI version of it on GBAtemp downloads section either. Can someone link me, please?

I tried patching it with DLDI myself, and that didn't work. I tried with Acekard+ DLDI that I got from http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ and an ak2_sd DLDI file that was on my flash cart to begin with. I thought it would automatically patch with the acekard, but just putting the NESDS itself on the cart didn't work.

Well, correction: it has worked about 3 out of 30 times. It appears to be totally random when it decides to work. Someone told me that it could be an issue with my microSD card, that it doesn't have a high enough read speed. Is there no other way for it to work than to buy a new card? Does anyone know if there could be another reason for this, and/or if they know they have a good microSD card that they could recommend?

13. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Really? Works fine for me.

14. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
  15. refundgame

Newcomer refundgame Newbie

United States
    I've tried that version, Whether I stick it straight on my card or try to manually patch it, it still has problems working. I've also tried a version from here: http://www.ds-xtra.com/NesDS and I have the same problems.

I'm willing to try any other versions anyone can find. Those two are the only ones I have downloaded.

16. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Update to the latest NesDS.