Working Hatari...?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by GordRyan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. GordRyan
    OP

GordRyan Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2012
    Canada
    Hello,

I was just wondering if there is some sort of info/tutorial on how to get atari st games working with hatari emulator.

No matter what game I try to play i get the black screen of death followed by a hard restart.

In the masterpak download, there was a txt file stating you need to put your tos.img inside apps/hatari.

I am assuming with the masterpak, you need to also/and/or put the tos.img in the wiiflow/plugins folder in order for it to function properly?.

Any guidance or help on this matter would be appriciated.

2. sabandellos

sabandellos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2010
  3. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    If there's hatari.cfg in /wiiflow/plugins and games and apps/hatari in usb, you should change tos location : in [ROM] section, szTosImageFileName = usb:/apps/hatari/tos.img.
    The default tos file has to be replaced by a 1.02 or 2.06 tos for better compatibility. Not all games are compatible though (so many cracks etc...). A few settings can improve compat like memory for ex (nMemorySize =?).
    All the options aren't accessible in the menu (the essential is there though). It's based on v0.0.4, a w.i.p that I never finished. There are workarounds, like editing the cfg manually. It should also be possible to have per game config with different tos by creating a game cfg, and adding -c game.cfg to the arguments in hatari.ini.