Workaround for ios55-64-v4633?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KyleCooper, May 16, 2009.

1. KyleCooper
    OP

KyleCooper Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2007
    Hi guys, I've been struggling to play Marbles!/Kororinpa 2 for some time now. I found out that my system is missing ios55-64-v4633, which seems to be the same thing that NFS Underground needs. But I also see that ios55 installs some anti-piracy stuff or something. I've seen torrents purporting to have this ios55 in them but I guess those are the originals and not the ones that are fixed. I'm not new to Wii modding but I can't get my head around this cIOS business, so can I please get any help on what I need to install and where I need to start searching for it?

Thanks a bunch.

2. Shinigami Kiba

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    assuming you already have cIOS36-rev10 installed just run the game through the latest GeckoOS and that should install any missing IOS's for you, or so I've heard, i have all my IOS's installed so Ive never seen Gecko install anything before, but give that a try.
    The newest GeckoOS is 1.9.0.2 i think

3. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    There's nothing to worry about. If you install IOS55v4633, then you overwrite your IOS55 with that, nothing else is touched by this. If you didn't have a IOS55 before, really nothing is changed for all applications that use other IOS.

4. KyleCooper
    OP

KyleCooper Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2007
    I have a 3.2E Wii, I'm not sure I have IOS55 but I did play NFS Underground before and it didn't require an update. Odd.

Anyhow, I don't have cIOS36-rev10 installed, but I will do so. Thanks.