Woominstaller won't start

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Naendow, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Naendow
    OP

Naendow Brick-Master

Jan 4, 2016
    Germany
    Hey guys :)

I have a little problem with woominstaller.
    I installed it with WUP Installer MOD Y, but it gives me error code 199-9999 while starting. My Wii U is on firmware 5.5.1, the region is europe and I am using Coldboot Haxchi.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thx for your attention :)

CatmanFan and victormr21 like this.
  2. victormr21

victormr21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    Same. Any help @shinyquagsire23 ?
    Bye and Happy Christmas!

3. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I also had this issue. It worked consistently, until i turned my console off. Then it started giving me error 199-9999 (which usually refers to a mismatch in signatures, but I had signature checking patched, so this really made no sense).

We're probably missing one of SALT's tools that allow Woomïnstaller to run across reboots. (if you aren't aware, @shinyquagsire23 is a member of SALT).

(This also happened to Woomïnstaller GX2 and Endless Nuclear Kittens)

4. plyscho

plyscho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Germany
    I've never heard of Woominstaller before, what does it do? Couldn't get too much info about it on GitHub.

5. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Woomïnstaller (that ï with two dots is not a typo) does exactly what it says, it installs "woomies" on your console.
    A Woomy is essentially a zipped copy of the folder you would stick into WUPInstaller, except with no encryption (presumably for faster install speed?).
    Woomïnstaller does have improvements over WUPInstaller, one being that you can browse your entire SD card for installable files and you can queue installs, which will be performed one at a time.

Though as you can see, a lot of people are having trouble launching it after rebooting their console.

plyscho likes this.
  6. plyscho

plyscho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks for the info! I'd asume it's for installable homebrew. I'll give it a shot!

Btw, there are at least two versions of WUPInstaller which support install queues: Y Mod and UF Mod.

7. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    No common key required and compression possible!

8. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Yes but WupInstaller installs 1 THEN 2
    Woomïnstaller installs 1 AND 2

plyscho likes this.
  9. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Yeah, I'm still not sure on this error. The fact that it works before rebooting and not after leads me to believe it's a faulty NAND dump (and I seem to recall it working fine on sysNAND for someone, which also supports this theory). A faulty NAND dump doesn't just mean it won't boot, you can have sporadic issues with other things (ie not being able to launch eShop, other apps for no reason, etc). Signature checks may be patched but I don't think Mocha patches hash checks with TMD, and if stuff gets randomly corrupted then it'll fail to launch.

Other question is like, is everyone installing it to NAND at all, or USB? I've always installed it to USB for the sake of being able to wipe my USB if things get screwed up and I can't remove the title.

10. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    I installed to NAND. (sysNAND) I have never had problems launching it.