Wood R4 loading sav problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Xiahou, Aug 29, 2010.

Aug 29, 2010

Wood R4 loading sav problem by Xiahou at 3:38 AM (1,497 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Xiahou
    OP

Newcomer Xiahou Newbie

United States
    I used to use YSMenu, but now I use WoodR4. The sav files in WoodR4 are called .nds.sav files and I wanted to change my Grand Bazaar sav file into an nds.sav file for it work. I got the rom working, but at the title screen, there is no option to load game. I used an sav converter for the sav file, and yes, the rom and the nds.sav file share the same name.

Just incase, here are the files in the root of my card.

_rpg
    media
    _DS_MENU.dat
    ApplyPPF3.exe
    hspext.dll
    MakePPF3.dat
    Patchme.bat
    Savconverter.bat
    Savlib.dat

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Is your R4 a clone? If it is, then you don't have any choice but to stick with YSMenu...though you could have a different GUI...

3. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    I'm assuming you could continue when you were using YSmenu, if so then it is the extension or file name, I know you said they are the same but if just 1 single . is different then it won't work, so check again and post results please.

4. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If that's your card then obviously you can't load a game. There is not a sinle .nds file on it and also a lot of useless junk. You only need _DS_MENU.dat and _rpg. Just get rid of the rest of the junk and put then .nds file and save file in the root, then it should work.

About conversion: Run it on your PC and then copy the result to the SD card. Never run conversions on the SD card itself, it causes clutter and wear the card down for no good reason.

Since this forum is full of messages about R4 clones not working with Wood R4 I assume you do not use an R4 clone.

Edit: Use an SD of at most 2 GB, a real R4 cannot handle bigger SD cards.