Hacking Wood R4 3in1+ Patch

Please explain any issues you have

• Loading .gba games works fine (NDS Browser issues are a known issue not covered by this poll atm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can load gba games, but I lose my saves (BE SURE YOUR GAME HAS BEEN PROPERLY PATCHED BEFORE REPORT

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I can load gba games, but you broke something that works in the official version (compare this again

• No, my 3in1 is not detected at all WHEN I TRY TO LOAD GBA ROMS (but it is detected by gbaexploader)

• Total voters

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
malsvent said:
how about ewin_gba or m3_gba ?

No, for the same reason the 3in1+ isn't already supported. Supporting new hardware requires owning that hardware so you can test it out. Your best bet there would be to offer to buy one for ywg and see if he would take it up.

On an unrelated note, the source code on the googlecode page got updated recently, so I may update my patched release to mirror that (although I still have no idea which release version is equivalent to the new svn revision).

Edit: I just found in the menu where it displays the version and fyi all of these "v1.10 testx" releases were actually based off of 1.09 source
tongue.gif

...at least I'll be able to label it correctly from now on...

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, the latest svn revision is fully up-to-date (v1.12), so once I can figure out what version of devkitARM/libnds I need (it still doesn't like the latest libnds), I'll post an update. Once again, the current state of things is:

GBA ROM Loading - 100% working (NOR/PSRAM/saves)
NDS Browser - patched ROM works, clean ROM doesn't detect the expansion (see the OP for a link to the working patch)
NDS Rumble - working (tested in MP:Pinball)

aphexGIBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I tested the version with 1.09 of the start of the thread.
Mine is 3in1pls, all GBA games worked perfectly! With saves!

Thanks a lot.

Where i can find the 1.12? Theres a 1.13?

Thanks!

chenke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a 3in1 plus and an old R4 card

it works fine in R4wood 1.13 when I playing GBA game

the only problem is "universal sleep", i dont know what it means, i turn this fuction on, but when I close my ndsl when playing GBA games, the ndsl doesnt sleep, the GBA game still runs

and one more thing, the softreset fuction works fine when playing NDS games, but not works when playing SLOT-2 GBA games

and "softreset" only reset to R4 1.18 main menu ( i still use the old R4 kernel 1.18), can it reset to r4wood main menu?

Thank you

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so v1.15 is out and I didn't have the same issues patching it as I did with v1.13 and v1.14 (probably just finally synced up my toolchain...) so I've patched, compiled, and uploaded v1.15. You can get it in the OP
yaynds.gif

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
chenke said:
I have a 3in1 plus and an old R4 card

it works fine in R4wood 1.13 when I playing GBA game

the only problem is "universal sleep", i dont know what it means, i turn this fuction on, but when I close my ndsl when playing GBA games, the ndsl doesnt sleep, the GBA game still runs

and one more thing, the softreset fuction works fine when playing NDS games, but not works when playing SLOT-2 GBA games

and "softreset" only reset to R4 1.18 main menu ( i still use the old R4 kernel 1.18), can it reset to r4wood main menu?

Thank you

I'm not sure whether softreset or universal sleep are designed to work with GBA. Also, just get rid of the 1.18 kernel and install Wood R4 as the main firmware. If you can run Wood R4, there isn't a single reason to keep the obsolete final release of the original kernel.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
chenke said:
in gba mode nds hardware not accessible. so it is impossible to detect lid status. to go sleep you need press start+l+r, to resume: start+select. this doesnt' work in games that have internal sleep like zelda, golden sun etc.

aphexGIBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1.15 is working great, all games works perfectly, but sometimes i lost the save file...it's strange, the first game i'v played the save as gone, but it's not happening anymore.
I ve playing Kingdom Hearts ( it's a huge 256mb ) and it's working perfectly.

So it's possible a version por 1.16?

Thks and a nice 2011!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!