Wood 4 Problem After Shutting Down(Post using a rom)

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by D1433, Dec 20, 2010.

Dec 20, 2010
  1. D1433
    OP

Newcomer D1433 Newbie

Canada
    I have an R4i Gold v1, and I'm using the Wood 4 which was posted on here for R4i Gold. My problem isn't in loading Wood 4(In fact, it works great), but in loading it after I've first loaded it(Yes, a bit confusing, I'll try to explain).

It loads fine, and it lets me load any of the roms fine, but as soon as it is either hard reset(and soft reset the majority of the time), it will no longer work again, and sticks on the "Loading..." screen. When the MicroSD is removed, and reinserted into the computer, it insists I format it. Once it is reformatted and Wood 4 is placed on it again; it loads the single time again before it once again needs to be reformatted.

Anyone else having this problem, or know of a fix for it?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  3. D1433
    OP

Newcomer D1433 Newbie

Canada
    I think that is what's happening, but that program sadly still didn't help. Used full format with the same results.

4. twiztidsinz

United States
    Then your MicroSD is probably crap.

5. D1433
    OP

Newcomer D1433 Newbie

Canada
    Less than two week old, made by HP. Works in everything, except the R4i, which has this single problem. Camera, and Action Replay have no problem and don't corrupt or wipe the data at all.

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    Well, there are four things it could be:
    - R4i Hardware
    - R4i Software
    - MicroSD Card
    - Format settings

Given that two have been ruled out, I'd say the next thing to check for is the R4i software since it's the easiest to test.
    Try using their official software menu instead of Wood and see if you still get problems.

I had a similar problem with Taiju Yamada (Xenon++)'s WoodR4 Mod which I was using to boot games from Moonshell using WoodR4. Lufia: Curse of the Sinestrals (sp?) would always cause the MicroSD to corrupt, but only AFTER turning off or soft resetting the DS. The loader worked and the game played fine, it was just after power was removed that it corrupted.

7. D1433
    OP

Newcomer D1433 Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the suggestion. That's definitely what I'm going to try next, since that's exactly what the problem has been. Works perfectly until a reset or the power is cut. I have the official software from the site downloading but it's going to be days before it finishes, so I'll try that again next.

8. D1433
    OP

Newcomer D1433 Newbie

Canada
    Works perfectly with no corruption. Thank you so much. It seems like using Wood 4 as the main operating software on the cart is what was causing the problems with the corruption of the MicroSD. Using the official software and having Wood 4 as a secondary running through the official bypasses the corruption problem it was causing.

9. twiztidsinz

United States
    Might want to write an email to the R4i Gold team and explain your problem to them.

My guess would be it's related to the SDHC card if you're using one, as Wood (R.P.G. and original R4) cannot use SDHC cards.
    Either that or they used/borrowed/looked at Taiju Yamada's code and ended up with the same problem (I think it was fixed on the last version of Wood Mod).

10. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    this is not true. wood rpg works fine with sdhc. i use 8 gb transcend class 6 microsdhc more than year with wood rpg. dont have any problem.

11. twiztidsinz

United States
    Ah, my mistake.
    I thought that was one of the positives that the 2.1 had over the RPG.

12. PirateL

Newcomer PirateL Member

United Kingdom

Wait, what?

I was told that my SDHC can't run on Wood R4, so I instead used YSMenu... yet I'm still having problems with that. How did you get yours to work?

13. GolenSun550

Member GolenSun550 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wood R.P.G is for slot 2 flashcart if I am not wrong .

14. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    you are wrong.

15. CoolKill3r

Member CoolKill3r GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Wood R.P.G is an firmware for the Acekard R.P.G flashcard,
    Wood R4 is Wood R.P.G but then suported for the R4 Original!

16. D1433
    OP

Newcomer D1433 Newbie

Canada
    It was an SDHC that was giving me trouble, so maybe it is supported in Wood, but still has some glitches? Has been working perfectly with the official software as long as Wood is opened from inside it, instead of being the stand alone software on the mSD.