Won't me reinstall for Microsoft Security Essentials

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by bradzx, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Few days ago, I didn't notice why update keep going update like everyday ande when I look up and install the update. Microsoft Security Essentials didn't go update because epp.msi is missing in folder. So I did follow the step in this. I do follow all three. It wont let me re-install for MSE. What I can do if those 3 steps is not working?

Edit - I am going try step 4. If step 4 is not working, then please help me or suggest me to do.

2. drewmerc

Member drewmerc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    open a command prompt (type cmd into the start menu and right click and run as admin)
    then copy and paste 1 line at a time of the **** MSREMOVAL.TXT **** to see were it fails

3. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I did that change txt to bat. I run it then I restart. Then I do try again for install. It wont let me. :/

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I had this happen a few times of late, went through everything I could find online, ran it through revo uninstaller, ran through the registry by hand and removed any and all files I could tie to the program- gave up in the end and installed avast or one of the other good free ones.

Now I am far from certain I got everything but if the online manual removal and revo failed to get me far the amount of effort to figure it out is probably more than it would take to reinstall the OS.

5. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Oh. Well I do restart all times. Nothing happen to let me install. What else I can do? I don't want virus get in my computer system.

6. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    If FAST couldn't get it to work, your best bet is probably to install a different free antivirus like AVG or Avast.

7. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Ok. I see bunch of list antivirus under window 7. And I don't trust McAfee and Norton. They are badass antivirus. Both of them are not really good at all.

8. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    There are two missing update. KB2721691; KB2644615 What I can do with those two?

9. Kyouhei

Member Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Antarctica
    Norton 360 is the best paid antivirus out there, If you have Comcast+Xfinity as your ISP, you can get it free.
    Mcafee is soon to be shut down due to it's founder's Illegal practices.

If you don't want to pay for an AV, or don't have Comcast+Xfinity, Get Avast!

10. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No offense, bradzx, but you've seemed to have a number of computer-related problems for a while, as you ask for help on these forums. Maybe a reinstall of your OS is in order? I know a few weird or buggy things now and then are easily fixed, but if you keep coming back to more and more and different kinds of problems, repeatedly, maybe the problem is something bigger than each individual problem.

11. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately that's the one thing he can't do. If I remember right he is renting his computer at a ridiculous price so an OS reinstall is probably out of the question, at least by him. Its possible if he took it abck to the palce he's renting from they'd fix it for free.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  12. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If that's the case, he could partition out a section for another OS and run that, leaving the other OS intact. I'm sorry to hear that he's renting under such conditions, though :(

13. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Not only does Norton 360 cost quite a bit and can potentially slow down your computer quite a bit, but in my experience it also doesn't catch a fair share of viruses.

Why would a company acquired by Microsoft be shut down due to its founder being in potential legal trouble? Source please.

14. Kyouhei

Member Kyouhei Official 任天堂 Lover

Antarctica
    For starters, INTEL owns mcafee, not MICROSOFT.
    And I apoligize, I misread the article I looked at. :|

15. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I just asking people to help me or suggest me to download other kind anti virus. So far they suggest me to use AVG or Avast.

16. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    You're right, Intel owns it. I think I somehow managed to type Microsoft due to the thread title.