Won't me reinstall for Microsoft Security Essentials

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few days ago, I didn't notice why update keep going update like everyday ande when I look up and install the update. Microsoft Security Essentials didn't go update because epp.msi is missing in folder. So I did follow the step in this. I do follow all three. It wont let me re-install for MSE. What I can do if those 3 steps is not working?

Edit - I am going try step 4. If step 4 is not working, then please help me or suggest me to do.

drewmerc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
open a command prompt (type cmd into the start menu and right click and run as admin)
then copy and paste 1 line at a time of the **** MSREMOVAL.TXT **** to see were it fails

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this happen a few times of late, went through everything I could find online, ran it through revo uninstaller, ran through the registry by hand and removed any and all files I could tie to the program- gave up in the end and installed avast or one of the other good free ones.

Now I am far from certain I got everything but if the online manual removal and revo failed to get me far the amount of effort to figure it out is probably more than it would take to reinstall the OS.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Well I do restart all times. Nothing happen to let me install. What else I can do? I don't want virus get in my computer system.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If FAST couldn't get it to work, your best bet is probably to install a different free antivirus like AVG or Avast.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I see bunch of list antivirus under window 7. And I don't trust McAfee and Norton. They are badass antivirus. Both of them are not really good at all.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Norton 360 is the best paid antivirus out there, If you have Comcast+Xfinity as your ISP, you can get it free.
Mcafee is soon to be shut down due to it's founder's Illegal practices.

If you don't want to pay for an AV, or don't have Comcast+Xfinity, Get Avast!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, bradzx, but you've seemed to have a number of computer-related problems for a while, as you ask for help on these forums. Maybe a reinstall of your OS is in order? I know a few weird or buggy things now and then are easily fixed, but if you keep coming back to more and more and different kinds of problems, repeatedly, maybe the problem is something bigger than each individual problem.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
No offense, bradzx, but you've seemed to have a number of computer-related problems for a while, as you ask for help on these forums. Maybe a reinstall of your OS is in order? I know a few weird or buggy things now and then are easily fixed, but if you keep coming back to more and more and different kinds of problems, repeatedly, maybe the problem is something bigger than each individual problem.
Unfortunately that's the one thing he can't do. If I remember right he is renting his computer at a ridiculous price so an OS reinstall is probably out of the question, at least by him. Its possible if he took it abck to the palce he's renting from they'd fix it for free.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, he could partition out a section for another OS and run that, leaving the other OS intact. I'm sorry to hear that he's renting under such conditions, though :(

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Norton 360 is the best paid antivirus out there, If you have Comcast+Xfinity as your ISP, you can get it free.
Not only does Norton 360 cost quite a bit and can potentially slow down your computer quite a bit, but in my experience it also doesn't catch a fair share of viruses.

Mcafee is soon to be shut down due to it's founder's Illegal practices.
Why would a company acquired by Microsoft be shut down due to its founder being in potential legal trouble? Source please.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only does Norton 360 cost quite a bit and can potentially slow down your computer quite a bit, but in my experience it also doesn't catch a fair share of viruses.

Why would a company acquired by Microsoft be shut down due to its founder being in potential legal trouble? Source please.
For starters, INTEL owns mcafee, not MICROSOFT.
And I apoligize, I misread the article I looked at. :|

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just asking people to help me or suggest me to download other kind anti virus. So far they suggest me to use AVG or Avast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing