Won't Generate Needed xorpad File

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by slendercraft, Mar 8, 2017.

1. slendercraft
    OP

slendercraft Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    United States
    I am attempting to generate the Main.exheader, Main.romfs, Main.exefs_norm, and Main.exefs_7x xorpad files for Fire Emblem If (Japanese Special Edition), I have turned my copy into a .3ds and ran it obtained the ncchinfo.bin for the game, and then run it through Decrypt9WIP and it only generates 3 of the four xorpad files I need, for some reason it just refuses to create the Main.exefs_7x xorpad file.

Am I doing something wrong, if so could somebody explain how I can go about fixing this and getting the Main.exefs_7x xorpad?

2. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    are you using the latest decrypt9wip? because last i heard xorpads weren't a massively important thing that needed to be dealt with

EDIT: if you're planning on making a CIA why not just use freeshop or that iso site?

Zidapi likes this.
  3. W4T4R1

W4T4R1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2014
    Italy
    If your plan is to unpack game files for ROM hacking, just use Decrypt9 to dump either a decrypted .3ds or .cia file and then use this tool to unpack the game

4. slendercraft
    OP

slendercraft Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    United States
    Yes, I am running the most recent version of Decrypt9WIP.
    The reason I am trying to get those 4 specific xorpad files is because I am attempting to use a patcher on the .3ds file, however it requires those 4 xorpad files.