Wolfenstein 2 just received a major patch

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by IE-coRe, Sep 27, 2018.

1. IE-coRe
    OP

IE-coRe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Taiwan
    A patch for Wolfenstein 2 on switch was just released and it fixed some really annoying bugs but best of all offers significant performance improvements that make the game run at a more consistent framerate and also at a higher resolution in a lot of instances. I jumped in after downloading the patch and very clearly noticed a difference in visuals, it feels quite a bit less blurry.

Official parchnotes:
    General performance improvements
    - Fixed an issue affecting unresponsive controls when in the game menu
    - Fixed an issue affecting a Star Card achievement

Source:
    https://bethesda.net/community/topic/237606/wolfenstein-ii-nintendo-switch-patch-9-26

Last edited by IE-coRe, Sep 27, 2018
    guily6669 and tpax like this.
  2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Well, better late, than never

3. Boss351

Boss351 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2007
    Australia
    Does it change firmware requirements to 6.00? or still playable on 5.10?

4. IE-coRe
    OP

IE-coRe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Taiwan
    I am on 6.0 so I don't know.. maybe someone else here can answer that question..

5. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Not sure about docked but on handheld it's still blurry. I'm on the neu york level and it's so blurry that I sometimes don't see the enemies. It's a fun game and I'm gonna continue playing it, but hopefully it gets another patch to improve visuals on handheld mode

6. IE-coRe
    OP

IE-coRe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Taiwan
    I don't think they have much headroom there. The update didn't make all the demanding areas look great, it made them run smoother tho. But the resolution recovers much faster and has a higher roof when in less demanding scenes. Open areas are still quite blurry but the framerate doesn't drop so much anymore.

7. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    I never expected it to look great but at least maybe less blurry? I know with doom it started out blurry then it got patched up to look a lot better. Hopefully they can do the same with this game, if not I'm ok with it.