Gaming Wolf Link

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone that's interested, if you have wolf link you can control him by focusing on him and make him stay.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish someone could find a way to edit the Wolf Link Amiibo hearts on an Amiibo that's never been used on a Wii U. It seems like someone could make a driver to be able to connect the joycon to your PC with Bluetooth and use the NFC on it to edit Amiibo.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish someone could find a way to edit the Wolf Link Amiibo hearts on an Amiibo that's never been used on a Wii U. It seems like someone could make a driver to be able to connect the joycon to your PC with Bluetooth and use the NFC on it to edit Amiibo.

You can use an android device with NFC to flash the wolf link amiibo but only if you already have 1 heart saved to the amiibo. A fresh new wolf link amiibo will not work.

Alternatively you can flash a 20 heart amiibo bin to any NFC215 tag or powertag, this method is reported working with the switch.

I have the wolf link amiibo but don't have a WII U to prep it with. So I am currently waiting for some NFC tags from aliexpress.

I have found the 3 heart wolf link indispensable. He has saved my ass many times over even with just 3 hearts. Those broken guardian heads are easy prey for him if I just stand somewhere and shoot it with arrows while letting wolf link attack lol.

Fuck it, I can't wait for my NTAGs, I loaded up TPHD in Cemu emulator, loaded my wolf link dump bin, gonna grind to 6th level to save some hearts to wolf link so I can edit it in tagmo. Game actually plays pretty damn good!

cos.png

aw man, I made it to the 6th level, saved my hearts to the nfc bin file, restored it to my wolf link amiibo. Everything worked except for the fact that cemu doesn't have write support yet. No profit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also they totally messed up Midna in TPHD, the helmet is covering the wrong eye.

This is in the game:
image.png

This is the amiibo which also matches all the artwork I've found online:

img6981jpg-19c93a_1280w.jpg

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw man, I made it to the 6th level, saved my hearts to the nfc bin file, restored it to my wolf link amiibo. Everything worked except for the fact that cemu doesn't have write support yet. No profit.

Also they totally messed up Midna in TPHD, the helmet is covering the wrong eye.

This is in the game:
image.png

This is the amiibo which also matches all the artwork I've found online:

img6981jpg-19c93a_1280w.jpg
The Wii and GameCube version of the game are mirrored so could have something to do with that.

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So you cant level up wolf link in Breath of the Wild? I mean I need to take my wii u out of the closet and level it up?

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not to say you can't, but probably not. Nobody has found a way as of yet. So dust off that Wii U!

I have Twilight Princess installed on my Wii U, but haven't played it once because I recently played it in glorious 1080p using Dolphin. I just scan the wolf link and then I can go through the dungeon minigame? :)

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Twilight Princess installed on my Wii U, but haven't played it once because I recently played it in glorious 1080p using Dolphin. I just scan the wolf link and then I can go through the dungeon minigame? :)

I thought Dolphin was for GC and Wii, does it support Wii U now? Does it have NFC write capability? Cemu works awesome but can only read NFC not write yet. If you haven't played it on Wii U then you will either have to play it to get 20 hearts or load up a saviine or Cemu save file, then tap the amiibo and it will port you to the dungeon. Then just fight until level 6 which takes all of 5 minutes, talk to Midna to exit the dungeon and then it will give you the option to save your hearts to the amiibo. Profit.

I just bought wolf link amiibo, BotW for the Switch, and have a CFW Wii U, so can anyone walk me through this?

Get the 20 hearts save from here, tap the amiibo to enter the dungeon, fight to level 6 (hold B button to charge your attack then release to hit multiple enemies), Talk to Midna to exit the dungeon, save hearts to amiibo, profit.

Here is a good tutorial

Here is a video of the Cave of Shadows:

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there already a file available for a 20heart wolf link to flash to a N215 tag?

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tagmo is for using NFC on an Android device to write to NTAG215 or Amiibitz for N2/Elite.
The amiibo bin can be used on any device that can write a 540 byte NTAG215.

You do not need the USB writer if you have an Android phone with NFC.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tagmo is for using NFC on an Android device to write to NTAG215 or Amiibitz for N2/Elite.
The amiibo bin can be used on any device that can write a 540 byte NTAG215.

You do not need the USB writer if you have an Android phone with NFC.

I have TagMo set up on my phone, its been installed for ever, keys are in place, used it a few times in the past. Now a few days ago I flashed a Wolf link, and saw it was not as useful with 3 hearths and you told me about the leveling up of it through my Wii U. I had problems loading in a 20 heart savegame on my Wii U for Zelda:TP. But I found tagmo can update an existing Amiibo or NFC tag with a savegame(backedup amiibo) from the internet. Load the bin file with the 20 heart wolf, allow restore to different tag, and then the restore button instead of the write button.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have TagMo set up on my phone, its been installed for ever, keys are in place, used it a few times in the past. Now a few days ago I flashed a Wolf link, and saw it was not as useful with 3 hearths and you told me about the leveling up of it through my Wii U. I had problems loading in a 20 heart savegame on my Wii U for Zelda:TP. But I found tagmo can update an existing Amiibo or NFC tag with a savegame(backedup amiibo) from the internet. Load the bin file with the 20 heart wolf, allow restore to different tag, and then the restore button instead of the write button.

Did you previously use your wolf Link amiibo on the Wii u? I already tried restoring to my amiibo but since I don't have a Wii u to initialize the app data section I cannot restore to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.