Gaming WLM problems

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday i uninstall-ed the WLM Beta version but every time i did it would freeze up so i downloaded absolute uninstaller and uninstalled and i went to reinstall the old WLM and says i have the newest WLM installed but i don't and now when i try to install the WLM beta it crashes my pc. I am running a dual boot Vista and Win7 and i am having the problem on Win7 but i can use WLM on vista. Any one know how to fix this? please help

Your help will be greatly appreciated and thanks i advance.

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Did you try resetting the computer after uninstalling WLM?

Also, did you try redownloading the installer for WLM when you tried to reinstalling?

Something along the line may have corrupted.

Yes when i did i could't install any WLM i would either get :
Old WLM i would get a message saying " newest WLM is installed but i don't casue i don't see any WLM on the uninstall list
BETA WLM as soon as it beings to install it would freeze up and crash my pc.

And i download new software of WLM and the beta version over and over again and same thing

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The only other idea I have is manually going through your computer and deleting any lingering WLM files/folders, then restarting your computer before trying to install again.

Restarting is important because if any registry entries or files are "active", then it can easily prevent a clean installation (which sounds likely based on the information provided).

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
The only other idea I have is manually going through your computer and deleting any lingering WLM files/folders, then restarting your computer before trying to install again.

Restarting is important because if any registry entries or files are "active", then it can easily prevent a clean installation (which sounds likely based on the information provided).

Do you know how to manually remove the wlm folders and files?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Go to the installation directory (usually Program Files) and look for the Windows Live folder. Inside will be a Messenger folder. That's what you're looking for. Messenger also creates a My Received Files folder in My Documents, but that can be ignored. As for the roaming data in the hidden AppData folder (inside My Documents), I can't remember where to find the files specific to WLM (I can't even find it on my comp). I typically don't touch the folder unless I'm hunting a virus (they really like that folder for some reason).

If you just remove the folder from Program Files (if it's even there), then that should hopefully clear up any install problems. I've seen confirmation on that on a quick google search, but sometimes silly little programs just don't like to install no matter what you do. Maybe it's the God of Technology's way of saying you're supposed to use Skype, AIM or YIM instead ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM