Wireless Speakers

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So yeah, I need a new set, because the pair of speakers I have atm sucks, crap and old
sleep.gif

It's a pretty small room, so I reckon 5.1 would be enough, and if possible not over 300 euros or so, but if there's a notable difference, I don't mind shelling out some more, I think the limit would be 500 though.
Oh, and I might be doing music editing and all that in some time, so I need the best quality possible within/around the price range. You know, being able to hear the timbre of each instrument as close as possible to the real thing, etc.

The min requirement is that is has to be wireless, the problem I have now is that since the cord isn't long enough they are on one side of the room and it's hard on my hearing.

I don't know much about speaker systems tbh, I just know about music XD

Any ideas?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
One thing I would like to mention is that the acoustics in your room are VERY important to the quality of sound you will be looking at. Even quite crappy (read cheap) speaker sets can produce a great sound if the acoustics are are good. And for example tannoys (which aren't perfect, at least not the ones I've heard so far) can sound like crap in a badly designed (for accoustic purposes I mean) room.

Personally into looking for a good headphone (looking at the sennie HD580) to avoid all that trouble
smile.gif
. HD580's really are damn nice.

=edit=
Also, creating music that activly uses 5.1 is quite hard (good music anyway). You will probably generally stick to 2.1.

=edit2=
There is also the question what you will be using your speakers for. For the actual creation of music you most likely want a set that doesn't have a caracter/profile. By that I mean you can't say "man this set has a wicked base man!", like many people tend to do when pimping a car or such. Speakers with caracter are nice when listening to music. Especially if the speaker enhances the parts you like in music. But when you are creating a piece you do not want to hear your speaker set specifically, you want to hear an as close to reality (--> what your computer/instrument is outputting) as possible sound.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
RayorDragonFall said:
Well, I can always just select that I want 2.1 out of 5.1, right?
Eu, yes you can..... Ask someone on your neighbourhood (music teacher/something in that direction) to help you out on selecting a good set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up