Misc Wireless routers

leonheart_a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

i have a problem,i need a wireless router so i can use news,forecast etc channels.i need to know a good one that goes quite far,maybe 20 meters,also this is for the people living in the uk one that works with blueyonder broadband

any help will be very much appreciated

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
Hi,

I got a Belkin (F5D7632uk4) (£59.34 total), works fine with virgin.net adsl, but was a bit more expensive than the one I really wanted which was out of stock.

If you have adsl rather than cable, get a router with a built in adsl modem, and get googling for all the required technical info or email blueyonder (pppoE or pppoA, MTU rate, your un/pwd obvsly, anything else you need.)

FYI, VPI/VCI for the uk is 0/38

|fmc|

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recommend borrowing one from a friend or otherwise first, I assume those 20 meters are with walls.

Wifi is never completely reliable.

HaaTa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My USRobotics Router works great at home (even through foot thick concrete walls and 5 inch wood floors perched atop the 3rd floor when I am on the first). Though here in Canada they are a bit harder to find unless the internet is your friend.

As for my experience with routers:
DLinks die
LinkSys' I just don't lik'em

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi

i have a problem,i need a wireless router so i can use news,forecast etc channels.i need to know a good one that goes quite far,maybe 20 meters,also this is for the people living in the uk one that works with blueyonder broadband

any help will be very much appreciated

Il try and explain it to you
smile.gif

1st of all your router needs to be good but you still need a strong signal from the Wii to be able pick it up.
You should most definatly lookup routers which have such a range of say 30-40 meters. Nothing is more annoying then finding out when someone farts your connection will drop down or just not connect at full speed ...

When buying find out if a local shop carries the brand , it sometimes pays of paying a bit more but having someone to fall back on in case of it not working out for whatever reason ...

WiFi signals have an easier time going through certain compounds then others , like the one guy said through concrete will work nice (but if that same blockade would be glass it wouldnt work).

Make sure you keep track of where you are or even where you are next to , interference is also something which you need to be prepaired for (means switching certain channels around so that you keep clear of "used" bandwidth).

Yes this seems a bit much info but when you run into problems with WiFi atleast you know where to look for solutions
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up