Android Wireless mouse and keyboard on android

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a wireless mouse and keyboard combo working with my Acer Iconia tab a500. Picked it up for cheap at Radio Shack. It's an iconcepts 62350NS keyboard mouse combo if that helps.

Anyway, it came with a USB dongle, and my tablet has a full sized host USB port. Theoretically it should work, but I can't even get a pointer to show up. Is there some setting I need to change? Maybe desktop keyboards don't work?

It was really cheap, so if it doesn't work, not a huge deal. My tab has android 3.2.1 on it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the keyboard and whether it requires drivers or not. If it does, than obviously the mouse/keyboard won't work (if drivers aren't available for Android [which generally they aren't]). However a USB mouse should work (I used to have a chinese knockoff tablet with a USB port, both a mouse and keyboard worked fine [although the mouse had no pointer, it would still highlight and function as if it did]). You could always get a bluetooth keyboard if you really need to use one.

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the mouse and keyboard on my PC, and they run just fine without the drivers included with them... In any case, my cat managed to destroy the wiring of my last keyboard, so I'll be using these as my PCs main mouse and keyboard. I'll just save up for a bluetooth keyboard and maybe a bluetooth mouse (my USB mouse works just fine with the tablet).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup