Hacking Wireless Gamepad Video Capture - Is it realistically feasable?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is actually already possible to capture the video with software, it just isn't really practical. Right now, you have to use a patched wpa_supplicant that breaks normal WiFi to connect to the Wii U, and it isn't a capture so much as the computer emulating the gamepad. Setting up the connections is also a total pain, and has to be done each time. It would be possible to man in the middle the traffic as well, but getting both connections working would be a nightmare. With a little more development work, it would be possible to get all this fixed, but nobody has been working on it. At one point a while back I was looking at making a fork of wpa_supplicant that would work with the Wii U natively while still working with normal WiFi, but I didn't get very far before switching to another project. If you are interested, I found the code that I was working off of here: https://bitbucket.org/memahaxx/, but it isn't really usable without a decent amount of effort.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think there could be! If you were to get an adapter and attach it to the gamepad! That adapter could lead to a wireless capture card which connects to your computer! That would be SWEET

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I personally think there could be! If you were to get an adapter and attach it to the gamepad! That adapter could lead to a wireless capture card which connects to your computer! That would be SWEET
You should just need a half decent 5GHZ WiFi adapter. A flagship Android device might be able to do it even, not like that will happen.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...