Wireless classic controller

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BlackZero500, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BlackZero500
    OP

BlackZero500 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Hi there.
    I have a question. I know that its momentarily impossible to connect a wiiu pro controller to the wii.

Now i saw this. It wouldnt be the best way, but would it be possible to make such an Adapter for the wii u pro controller? So plug it into the wiimote and connect it to the pro controller like a classic controller.

edit: or how about a General Bluetooth controller Adapter that translates input to Signals used by classic controller

EDIT: another way to get a nice wireless controller would be to use a wavebird together with this.

Last edited by BlackZero500, Mar 18, 2017
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Mayflash makes a WiiU to USB adapter, but I don't think anyone makes a usb to wiimote adapter...

3. BlackZero500
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Well, there isnt one right now, but would it be hard to make? I mean if we use a wupc to PC Adapter as Base we should be able to make it into a wupc to wii mote Adapter. Or Not?

How exactly does the connection to a wiimote work? Is it somehow similar to USB?

Last edited by BlackZero500, Mar 18, 2017
  4. BlackZero500
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    What would be needed to make a wucp to wii classic controller Adapter? I mean a small arduino or something to connect with the controller and a connection cable to the wiimote on some i/o Pins should work or Not? The input send to the Mini PC would be translated to Signals like the ones of the classic controller.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that would be awesome. I'm using the wiimtote right now to play dkc returns. it's good though. I like the movement of the wiimote for rolling unlike a lot of people where shaking of the wiimote ends in death. lol... however, games like castlevania adventure rebirth would be awesome. on my normal wii, I have a logitech ps2 controller connected using an adapter. it takes the place of the wiimote. obviously, that won't work with the wii u though.

6. BlackZero500
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    I really dont understand why the pro controller is Not compatible anyway. It uses the Same Bluetooth connection and all. Would have Been a small update probably.