Gaming wiped off the dust..

no0dlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just decided to resurrect my psp phat with v1.50 firmware i tried looking through the stickies and that legion psp hacking guide didnt load up so im gonna post it where do i start? how to i get up to the newest cfw last time i did it. it was during the era of devhook

Sic-suicide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wanna look for 1.50 proof of concept CFW then update to 3.52 A?
its been sometime but thats the leed into things
you can get most files you need from psp-hacks.com

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt you can go straight to 5.00 M33, but I'd inside the 2.40 OE firmwares first, then try to install 5.00M33 CFW, then install 5.50 GENA, GENb, Genb-2 and GEND and GEND2 (skip GEN-C)

All those are at psp-hacks.com like the guy before me said.

I've been using PSP's since the days of TIFF exploits and yes later on in life the DEVHOOK scene. Welcome Back. The PSP does a lot...

EMULATOR - GBA, SNES, GENESIS, etc.
MEDIA - COMIC viewer, movies, etc.
ISO - 5.50 and 6+ support on 5.50GEN D2

Great system.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
wyndcrosser said:
I doubt you can go straight to 5.00 M33, but I'd inside the 2.40 OE firmwares first, then try to install 5.00M33 CFW, then install 5.50 GENA, GENb, Genb-2 and GEND and GEND2 (skip GEN-C)
i have no psp so don't quote me on this but can't you go straight from 5.00m33 (or anything above 3.52m33) to GEN D then simply update from GEN D to GEN D2?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
wyndcrosser said:

Once your on M33, you can go straight to GEN D, no need for A, B, B2 and C
mercluke said:
QUOTE(wyndcrosser @ Nov 13 2009, 11:43 AM) I doubt you can go straight to 5.00 M33, but I'd inside the 2.40 OE firmwares first, then try to install 5.00M33 CFW, then install 5.50 GENA, GENb, Genb-2 and GEND and GEND2 (skip GEN-C)
i have no psp so don't quote me on this but can't you go straight from 5.00m33 (or anything above 3.52m33) to GEN D then simply update from GEN D to GEN D2?

Correct.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole point mercluke, is i wanted him to see how everything works, before he comes back here and ask me ALREADY identified answers. There's a long history of PSP TIF, DEVHOOK and CFW exploits, and the more someone deals with it, the better.

Wynd

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
The whole point mercluke, is i wanted him to see how everything works, before he comes back here and ask me ALREADY identified answers. There's a long history of PSP TIF, DEVHOOK and CFW exploits, and the more someone deals with it, the better.

Wynd
No one is saying your point is wrong, he just pointed out something you missed, no need to be so defensive.

Also, the reason people ask questions is because someone else knows the answer and it's a lot less of a risk to ask than it is to try.

no0dlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys for all the help. im appreciate of all the hard work and development on all and any of the great cfw that people have made, but i did just want to get my psp patched and playable. im pretty adaptive so i can learn pretty quickly what to do (i think) i just posted this to know which one to start with because when i looked around there were so many i didnt know which one was outdated or where to start. also to make sure so i dont do something bad and brick my psp

no0dlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:

All those are at psp-hacks.com like the guy before me said.

I've been using PSP's since the days of TIFF exploits and yes later on in life the DEVHOOK scene. Welcome Back. The PSP does a lot...

EMULATOR - GBA, SNES, GENESIS, etc.
MEDIA - COMIC viewer, movies, etc.
ISO - 5.50 and 6+ support on 5.50GEN D2

Great system.

what do you mean by inside the 2.40 OE firmware first?

no0dlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm i figured it out after im done with everything can i delete all the m33 creator files and stuff like that?

no0dlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now im stuck i got to say 4.01 mm3 on system information but now when i try to update it doesnt recognize the 5.00 update i put it in the psp/game/update like it says but when i go to browse the memory stick for the update i cant find anything.

Note : when i hold R and boot up, at the game folder homebrew it says im on 4.xx kernal rather than 4.01 kernal

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ok now im stuck i got to say 4.01 mm3 on system information but now when i try to update it doesnt recognize the 5.00 update i put it in the psp/game/update like it says but when i go to browse the memory stick for the update i cant find anything.

Note : when i hold R and boot up, at the game folder homebrew it says im on 4.xx kernal rather than 4.01 kernal

What you just said makes no sense. Do you mean the recovery menu says u have 4.XX? Don't worry about that, as long as your psp's system settings say 4.01M33

5.00M33-1 thru 6

YOU MUST HAVE THE OFW 5.00 FROM WWW.psp-hacks.COM on the root of your card, renamed 550.pbp Battery must be fully changed.

That should solve ur issue.

Wynd

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
wyndcrosser said:
QUOTE said:

What you just said makes no sense. Do you mean the recovery menu says u have 4.XX? Don't worry about that, as long as your psp's system settings say 4.01M33

5.00M33-1 thru 6

YOU MUST HAVE THE OFW 5.00 FROM WWW.psp-hacks.COM on the root of your card, renamed 550.pbp Battery must be fully changed.

That should solve ur issue.

Wynd

Dont you mean 500.PBP?
rofl2.gif

no0dlz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt know 500.PBP had to be in the root, but you did get the other part right about the 4.01m33. ill try that, but a question i had was i still had my m33 creator for when i first installed it, it showed up every time when i upgraded firmwares from 1.50 to 3.52m33 to 3.52m33-4 but once i got to 4.01m33 it never showed up. i tried putting on a old game iso (monster hunter 1) to see if i can see it when i browsed to my memory card it never showed up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4