Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Alec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did everything right...used menuhax 50 times with SSU, always pink dots. Switched to Ironhax, worked first try...soft-brick. Had to update to 10.4. :(

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did everything right...used menuhax 50 times with SSU, always pink dots. Switched to Ironhax, worked first try...soft-brick. Had to update to 10.4. :(
Sad to hear that mate :(. You still have your 3DS alive and well, at least that's something to be happy about :). Some people have sad, sad and expensive bricks laying around

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally worked after like 60~ attempts...
-o3ds from 10.3.0-28U to 9.2.0-20U
Now what to do? I'm new on this things

Back up your nand, set up emunand, install a custom firmware and install games & homebrew. There's a lot of tutorials that you can find here. There's a lot you can do actually.

Reactions: Acro

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Right.

So I'm currently rockin' a 10.1.0E O3DS with pretty much all the entrypoints available to me (cubic, oot, iron, browser, and menu). I really want to join the elusive "9.2 Masterrace", however I'm not sure if it's a good idea to try, seeing as I'm on 10.1 and not 10.3. Looks like most people seem to be good on 10.1, but I'm still kinda worried, as I don't want to lose all my super fancy hax.

My question is: Is 10.1 as good a base for downgrading as 10.3 is?

Thanks in advance!

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
from what i read, 10.1 had slightly higher softbrick chance so if everything works now i wouldnt risk losing it all. :) after all " if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
from what i read, 10.1 had slightly higher softbrick chance so if everything works now i wouldnt risk losing it all. :) after all " if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
>browsing that iso site for 9.2 cias
>sees 10.3E update packages
>yay.jpeg

Is this a recommended route? Or should I just go straight for 9.2?

Also, it's not a matter of if it's broke or not, it's a matter of if I want some shiny new bells and whistles on my 3DS or not ;)

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>browsing that iso site for 9.2 cias
>sees 10.3E update packages
>yay.jpeg

Is this a recommended route? Or should I just go straight for 9.2?

Also, it's not a matter of if it's broke or not, it's a matter of if I want some shiny new bells and whistles on my 3DS or not ;)
You can go for 10.3 first but make sure you get the right region files.

SuperPowerGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on o3ds 9.7u trying to downgrade to 9.2u, I have yet to be successful. I have tried over 200 times :(.

Using correct CIA files for my o3ds (checked the MD5)

Any tips?

Thank you.

Akiranon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, that was interesting, to say the least...

Had to try 20+ times to get it to pass the dreadful pink line. After that it started checking all the files. No problems so far. However, the actual downgrade didn't go as smoothly. It installed around... If I'd have to guess around 30 titles before I suddenly got an official Nintendo error screen. You know, the black one that tells you to push the power button. I thought for sure it would've bricked. But no! It booted up just fine and is actually on 9.2 right now. There's just no way this is complete downgrade.

Downgraded a New Nintendo 3DS running 9.4.0-21E. Everything seems to be working just fine though! It's running ReiNAND right now without any problems.

Last edited by Akiranon,

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too wanna be part of the 9.2 "master race", but I only have my N3DS and don't wanna hard brick it. My system is 10.3U, and I got the downgrade files (specifically the ones that Justpingo had uploaded when he was still doing KTM [which by the way, he claims he's still working on on his Twitter], so 9.2U). What would be my chances of a hard brick? I've seen that most people seem to have gotten soft bricks and just restarted before Ninty updated to 10.4. I'm willing to take the risk if its a low chance, if I end with soft brick and have to update, that is fine (as I have Cubic Ninja).

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too wanna be part of the 9.2 "master race", but I only have my N3DS and don't wanna hard brick it. My system is 10.3U, and I got the downgrade files (specifically the ones that Justpingo had uploaded when he was still doing KTM [which by the way, he claims he's still working on on his Twitter], so 9.2U). What would be my chances of a hard brick? I've seen that most people seem to have gotten soft bricks and just restarted before Ninty updated to 10.4. I'm willing to take the risk if its a low chance, if I end with soft brick and have to update, that is fine (as I have Cubic Ninja).
Do a hardmod first, if you brick you can than recover. Hardmod involves soldering, if you cant do it yourself send itboff to someone that can. Hardmod is always the safest route.

KyleDornez

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Have been staring at the little pink dots for about an hour now, doesn't seem to go anywhere. Don't want to reboot console, but apparently I'll have to. Well, I'll give it another hour maybe....

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Just ended up with a semi brick it got half way through then some Nintendo error screen came up. 3ds wouldn't boot with SD card in removed it and can get to home screen but trying to launch browser or system settings just hangs.

I wasn't on 10.3 but 9.6 is it not possible some how to upgrade to 10.3 first before downgrading as it seems everyone who isn't on 10.3 when downgrading is having issues?

Man I can't find 10.3E for new 3ds anywhere..

Edit>>

Found it, so tomorrow I'm going to try an upgrade to 10.3 first then a downgrade and see what happens on another 3ds.

Last edited by TayTayTheKiller,
D

Deleted User

Unfortunately soft bricked my sisters o3ds xl, tried downgrading from 9.4.0.21E to 9.2.0.20E.
It installed about 20 cias then the screen went black, left it untouched for about an hour then switched of, now she´s on 10.4.
The cia / pack had proper md5 checksums, i used them to upgrade my o3ds xl, same color, from 4.5 to 9.2 successfully.

Edit:
I have to edit this post.
The 3ds is still working thanks to soft brick / recovery mode, so no loss at all.
It just would have been nice if i had more luck or tried this earlier.

Used browserhax to install menuhax and then safesysupdater because sysupdater says "*hax alone doesn´t give the needed rights".
I´m just a bit setup cos with 9.4 i could have used rxtools devmode, install sysupdater.cia...
Oh well.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol