Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this your first softbrick? if you can, try using your phone's hotspot to update - I had that problem once and my phone's hotspot worked.

I've softbricked 15 times so far, I've given up on downgrading.

I was having the same problem of not being able to update via recovery or the update in settings. The only way I could was update using my Xenoblade Chronicles cart(9.4) then left the system in sleep without tubehax and it auto downloaded the update and installed back to 10.3 then downgraded again.

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way to disable The check on downgrade? Because I want 4.5. I already know than my 4.5 Cia files are correct but the app prevents The DG cause The md5 is different from de 9.2 update.

Last edited by JPnintendo,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to disable The check on downgrade? Because I want 4.5. I already know than my 4.5 Cia files are correct but the app prevents The DG cause The md5 is different from de 9.2 update.
I think you can downgrade to 9.2 and then to 4.5 with gw

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: JPnintendo

superjobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying all day to do this but I have a fail that says can't get am:u service ... try again. I'm on 10.3 and I'm all out of patience now. Any ideas my friends.

kimbot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im trying to use safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2.0-20U(Full).zip. I checked the md5 hash of the zip file online and it matches. However, when I try it verify via safesysupdater (after extracting all of the update .cia files to the "update" folder on my sd card) before I actually start the downgrade, the check fails. Any suggestions? I've redownloaded the 9.2 zip with the same results. Should I just try 9.0?

edit. on an old 3ds xl, 9.4. Using my gf's macbook pro.

Last edited by kimbot,

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, is it best to use this via Menuhax or can we use Ninjhax/OoThax/Smashhax etc.? I ask as I was gonna downgrade but if I didn't, prefer to have custom themes.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im trying to use safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2.0-20U(Full).zip. I checked the md5 hash of the zip file online and it matches. However, when I try it verify via safesysupdater (after extracting all of the update .cia files to the "update" folder on my sd card) before I actually start the downgrade, the check fails. Any suggestions? I've redownloaded the 9.2 zip with the same results. Should I just try 9.0?

I guess you didn't read the first post carefully. Not sure if you know it but with this application you can brick your device, it's not a joke. I'm saying this because :
- the update folder is not "update" but "updates"
- you really should update to 10.3 before downgrading.

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

1. Try to avoid using a MAC, if you have a PC, please use that
2. Don't extract the files directly to the sD card, extract them to your hard drive, then copy them.
3. If you insist on using MAC, please remove the hidden files created for each file when you open the folder with the file explorer. Use the terminal for that

lunox92

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much!!!
Just downgraded my N3DS XL Majoras Mask edition.
From 10.3 to 9.2
Hax was IronHax and (I don't want to say something wrong but) I've used my Mac.
Oh and it was the first try, I just had to reboot the 3DS by myself because it stuck at the end.

SunBurger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my 3DS is stuck at the "Trying to reboot..." stage, should I just turn off my 3DS by holding the power button?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...