Homebrew [WIP] rehid:- Button remapping for 3ds

Nutez

Assimilator of Lumas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would you people like to see "virtual" on-touchscreen buttons, i.e, buttons on touch screen which when pressed act as if physical buttons had been pressed?
That does sound useful and could be fun to make use of the touch screen in some virtual console games. Are you also considering "press D-Pad, get C-Stick"? That would be nice for switching on games that use both D-Pad and C-Stick differently e.g. Terraria. And would it be possible to have "press C-Stick, get C-Pad"? If it could handle 8 directions then I hope it would allow aiming on Ocarina of Time similar to that of Majora's Mask.

Reactions: NanashiFinal13

LudoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it workig on luma 10.2.1?
Ive tried to swap ZL/ZR to B/A, but it did not work.

EDIT: I got it to work (maybe you should leave an advice on instructions to enable game patching on luma for noobs like me XD)

But, what if i want to totally remove these remaps? just erase the id folders on rehid folder?

Last edited by LudoZX,

LudoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you install it using rehidhelper app?
Also you want to swap so that pressing ZL gives you B and pressing ZR gives you A, correct?

I forgot to thank for this great work, so thanks

I got it to work (maybe you should leave an advice on instructions to enable game patching on luma for noobs like me XD)

But, what if i want to totally remove these remaps? just erase the id folders on rehid folder?

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I forgot to thank for this great work, so thanks

I got it to work (maybe you should leave an advice on instructions to enable game patching on luma for noobs like me XD)

You could do that or disable title patching, either works.

Reactions: LudoZX

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have implemented touch to keys remapping, and you can use it as such:-
`
{
"touchtokeys":
[
{"press":[100, 120, 24, 48], "get":"R+A"}
]
}
`
where 100 is the x cord,120 is the y cord, 24 is the height and 48 is the width of the bounding box, when a press is detected within the bounding box, the keys specified get pressed.
I haven't done extensive testing, please test it out!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• 0004013000001D02.zip
    48.4 KB · Views: 138

Deleted member 470607

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love the app, it's making kid icarus: uprising so much more fun for me. the only thing i'm concerned about is that i don't know how to get input redirection to work (i mean when i'm not even using rehid). does anybody know how to fix it?

EDIT: i disabled game patching in luma settings like it says two posts above and it works now lmao

Last edited by Deleted member 470607,

Christopher Baney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the current version of Rehid doesn't work with Input Redirection, is there a reason why? Is it something to do with Luma's Input Redirection or something to do with Rehid itself. Because, once you guys are able to get the two to talk with each other, that'll be an insane game changer. Also, the Discord link the first post is not working.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I know the current version of Rehid doesn't work with Input Redirection, is there a reason why? Is it something to do with Luma's Input Redirection or something to do with Rehid itself. Because, once you guys are able to get the two to talk with each other, that'll be an insane game changer. Also, the Discord link the first post is not working.
Fixed the link, you can join now, I have a build in my server which I think works fine with input redirection.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You should be able to use input redirection with this build, please test it out and tell me if they're any bugs.

Attachments

• 0004013000001D02.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: ber71

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You should be able to use input redirection with this build, please test it out and tell me if they're any bugs.
Man you are a genius, if you get your magic skills to somehow be able to bring back streatpass with people over internet, then the iron throne of 3DS homebrew will be yours.
I'm telling this cuz I think I remember a post were you said it could be done patching or creating a system module.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im trying to use this with Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D, to no avail, it works just fine on Samurai Warriors Chronicles tho.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
helper app, why? did it set the title ID wrong? is that a thing that can happen? i doubled checked that i selected the right title
I have a report where it created the folder with the wrong titleid. Could you post a screenshot of the title selection screen and manually verify that the folder created has the correct tid?

Last edited by Kartik,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a report where it created the folder with the wrong titleid. Could you post a screenshot of the title selection screen and manually verify that the folder has the correct tid?
so my folders are 2 right now, for the 2 games i tested, one is 0004000000040200 which is the ID for the afformentioned samurai warriors chronicles, however, the other is 0004000000174100, the resident evil mercs 3D ID is 0004000000035900, so yeah, the helper screwed that one up, i'll try changing the ID

EDIT: yep, its working now

EDIT 2: 0004000000174100 apparently is for another capcom game i have installed, megaman legacy collection, dunno how it chose that instead

Last edited by brunocar,

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a report where it created the folder with the wrong titleid. Could you post a screenshot of the title selection screen and manually verify that the folder created has the correct tid?

Just an FYI I'm having this same problem, I used rehidhelper for a number of games but only a couple generated the correct title ID folders, resulting in those games not working.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just an FYI I'm having this same problem, I used rehidhelper for a number of games but only a couple generated the correct title ID folders, resulting in those games not working.
so my folders are 2 right now, for the 2 games i tested, one is 0004000000040200 which is the ID for the afformentioned samurai warriors chronicles, however, the other is 0004000000174100, the resident evil mercs 3D ID is 0004000000035900, so yeah, the helper screwed that one up, i'll try changing the ID

EDIT: yep, its working now

EDIT 2: 0004000000174100 apparently is for another capcom game i have installed, megaman legacy collection, dunno how it chose that instead
Please try this and see if your issue is fixed.

Attachments

• rehidhelper.zip
    656 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: ber71

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
is this a separate build from the main one? because i have it updated to the latest
I don't exactly know what you mean by separate but all you need to do is to download that zip extract it as before and check if you can generate remappings correctly now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi