Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@machinamentum updated one hour ago. I would love to hear from the master how the progress is going :)

I don't expect fullspeed N64, even on the n3ds (even though it is possible). I'm just curious about the reading of @machinamentums development!

Give me a proof of concept, doesn't matter the frames, I just want to just satisy the want to just see it on a n3ds XD

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a speculation thread, you can't expect a smart and constructive discussion here. With dynarec and HLE, decent speeds are achievable on a N3DS but I highly doubt the O3DS will be able to handle it.
Pressuring machinamentum to release something is not a good idea. He is still working on the MIPS core, so it's not on a point to be shown off and that's probably the reason he hasn't publicly posted anything about it.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a speculation thread, you can't expect a smart and constructive discussion here. With dynarec and HLE, decent speeds are achievable on a N3DS but I highly doubt the O3DS will be able to handle it.
Pressuring machinamentum to release something is not a good idea. He is still working on the MIPS core, so it's not on a point to be shown off and that's probably the reason he hasn't publicly posted anything about it.

Yes, there are many people who seem to think that this'll be done in a day and then they'll have the ability to play any N64 game at full frames.
But its more of a thread for those who follow the progress made on his github.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the new 3ds could emulate wii even some early xbox 360 or some 2d xbox one games everybody knows that scrubs :mthr::mthr::mthr::mthr::mthr::mthr::mthr:
Downloading for ram *might* be able to get you a PS4 emulater and a fully functional version of Windows 10 , i'll realeae it at soon(tm) at midnight.
EDIT: I've found a sexsploit.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm wondering if n64 emulation on (n)3ds would be easier if the cpu architecture is MIPS instead of ARM.

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm wondering if n64 emulation on (n)3ds would be easier if the cpu architecture is MIPS instead of ARM.
It would be easier, yes, less things would need to be emulated. But it's not magical, just look at the PSP one.

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has now been taken over by a bunch of people with zero knowledge about emulation and will become a trollfest. I would recommend closing it.
Not like you are saying anything useful. I find it sick how people like you keep discussing the same n64 emulator possible on old 3ds crap over and over while you already know the answer.

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, as much as we all want a N64 emulator (or anything close to it), I think it's best if we don't create threads like this. Not only do we have at least two threads discussing this same emulator, but also you should remember this is GBATemp, and as such these threads only serve to start rambling about.

Just do yourselves a favor and wait for the emulator author to create a thread.

Reactions: MasterFeizz

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If what your all wondering is "Is it possible?" It is.
Just wait, @machinamentum 's work is coming along nicely, and hype threads just fuel to the fire, and spark conflict amongst people waiting for this :(
I dont see any reason to make a thread on this subject at this point in time..

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm cuious as to how it'll turn out. Can it already run n64 games on the 3ds at all yet or is it still just codes put together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?