ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So still now for people having 10.2 3DS, no chance of playing the patched game?

And simple question, is the 1.1 patch needed to do local multiplayer?

Last edited by Hikenkami,

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At first, Im sorry, its my first post here so.. honestly I never would read 40 pages to see, if my questions are already answered.

I want to install this patch, when I get my MHX but I dont know how. Already looked through youtube and google, but there are only the showcases of it. Maybe someone can post a link to video for general instructions for this kind of things. And maybe someone can list the things I need to have to install/patch this.

I already saw lazyrico playing the English patched MHX and it looks pretty save tho, does anyone here can share other experience?

offtopic:
I would be very happy if someone can explain to me, how to patch MHX to 1.1 by using homebrew.

edit: @Justin your posthunting aka one-phrase-answers doesnt help at all. From what I read at reddit homebrew can patch, so, your answer is even wrong lol

Last edited by MaladroitJoypad,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
So still now for people having 10.2 3DS, no chance of playing the patched game?

And simple question, is the 1.1 patch needed to do local multiplayer?
No to both questions.
At first, Im sorry, its my first post here so.. honestly I never would read 40 pages to see, if my questions are already answered.

I want to install this patch, when I get my MHX but I dont know how. Already looked through youtube and google, but there are only the showcases of it. Maybe someone can post a link to video for general instructions for this kind of things. And maybe someone can list the things I need to have to install/patch this.

I already saw lazyrico playing the English patched MHX and it looks pretty save tho, does anyone here can share other experience?

offtopic:
I would be very happy if someone can explain to me, how to patch MHX to 1.1 by using homebrew.
You need custom firmware, homebrew can't patch.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grr I want to help but the translations I'm getting are stuff like...

"Of Sid Blade final form . \ r \ n ancient force revives . Fossil large sword Nagiharau the front of the eyes of the prey in the \ r \ n shake ."

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I get the CFW without any sort of flash cart/mod chip? Seems like I need a sky3ds.
Even if you have sky3ds, you'll still need a Japanese 3ds in order to download nintendo's patch for mhx. Without the patch, you cannot play online.

Note to people with 3ds firmware 9.3 or higher, that's a piece of crap, sell it or burn it and get yourself a another one with 9.2 or lower so you don't have to complain anymore. By the time the you're waiting for 3ds gets hacked again, a new handheld console will get released and all your friends will have already finished playing your favorite games.

Last edited by cooroxd,

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if you have sky3ds, you'll still need a Japanese 3ds in order to download nintendo's patch for mhx. Without the patch, you cannot play online.

Note to people with 3ds firmware 9.3 or higher, that's a piece of crap, sell it or burn it and get yourself a another one with 9.2 or lower so you don't have to complain anymore.

Any 3DS can do the trick? I've seen one New 3DS XL Monster hunter 4 Pack said to be 9.2, could it be the good one?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any 3DS can do the trick? I've seen one New 3DS XL Monster hunter 4 Pack said to be 9.2, could it be the good one?

Yes, any 3ds with 9.2 or lower will enable you to get cfw or gateway running on it. Once you get your hands on one, post in cfw section for help.

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh, CFW is coming to all 3DS firmwares in the next week or so. Have you been ignoring the entire site?

WHAAAT? Sorry mate, could you give me just a piece of hint on where to search such article or news??

Edit: Sorry, been wandering the site, and ended up finding what I needed, thanks anyway!

MegaSpawnX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues with the patch. N3ds 9.0.2 running NTR 3.2. Ran the game with v4/v5/v6 plugin just fine. I install the 1.1 update patch cia now everytime I try to boot MHX it just hangs on the Nintendo 3ds screen forever. Anyone else having similar issues. I even tried 2 diffenet 1.1 cia same issue. Removed the old plugin, still stuck trying to boot. Anything?

Update- Removed the update cia, now normal cia of MHX hangs in the same place.

Last edited by MegaSpawnX,

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So guys, just to clarify, because I have been running a little bit over the forum, but there are still things about hacking that I dont get. Once memchunkhax2 is released and I have downgraded my New 3DS XL 10.2 to 9.2, which possibilities are offered to me, and furthermore, which would be the cheapest? I don't care about buying a cartdrige version of the game, and if I play on a dump, I will have it nonetheless. But what is the easiest way from 9.2? Is there a CFW that would allow me to run a dump version (.cia or .3ds?) of the game on my SD Card? Or would I need to have something more (Cartdrige version, Sky3DS, Gateway)? I ask that because I ordered a Sky3DS+, but if you guys tell me I don't need it with CFW to run the physical/dumped version of the game, I'll return it.

edit: nevermind, but i will post to this thread

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Everything, from scratch.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, CFW is coming to all 3DS firmwares in the next week or so. Have you been ignoring the entire site?

This is some damn good new, not all is lost. I will retract all of my statements about 3ds 9.2+ once the new exploit becomes reality

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Having issues with the patch. N3ds 9.0.2 running NTR 3.2. Ran the game with v4/v5/v6 plugin just fine. I install the 1.1 update patch cia now everytime I try to boot MHX it just hangs on the Nintendo 3ds screen forever. Anyone else having similar issues. I even tried 2 diffenet 1.1 cia same issue. Removed the old plugin, still stuck trying to boot. Anything?

Update- Removed the update cia, now normal cia of MHX hangs in the same place.
There are 2 versions of the plugin, use v7 with the new 1.1 plugin and 1.1 patch.

If you're using Gateway, update your launcher.dat.

MegaSpawnX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 versions of the plugin, use v7 with the new 1.1 plugin and 1.1 patch.

If you're using Gateway, update your launcher.dat.
I have tried using the new plugin with the same result endless nintendo 3ds screen. I am using browserhax to get to pasta cfw, then ntr 3.2. All other installed cia's work perfect. I have removed and reinstalled mhx cia multiple times now and no matter what, even if I dont use the plugin at all it sticks at the nintendo screen. I am at a complete loss.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried using the new plugin with the same result endless nintendo 3ds screen. I am using browserhax to get to pasta cfw, then ntr 3.2. All other installed cia's work perfect. I have removed and reinstalled mhx cia multiple times now and no matter what, even if I dont use the plugin at all it sticks at the nintendo screen. I am at a complete loss.

I'm not a pro at any of this so if what I say is garbage, give me a break. However if you're using CIAs, why not just download the prepatched CIA that has the english translation patch already installed on it? That's what I do. No need for the plug in and what not. Dunno if this set up works for you, as I only know my set up, and barely that. :P There should be a MHX v7 CIA out there.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not a pro at any of this so if what I say is garbage, give me a break. However if you're using CIAs, why not just download the prepatched CIA that has the english translation patch already installed on it? That's what I do. No need for the plug in and what not. Dunno if this set up works for you, as I only know my set up, and barely that. :P There should be a MHX v7 CIA out there.
Did you even read his post? He already said his default CIA file is not working even without any plugins.

MegaSpawnX can you just boot into Pasta and not into NTR, then try opening MHX?

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even read his post? He already said his default CIA file is not working even without any plugins.

MegaSpawnX can you just boot into Pasta and not into NTR, then try opening MHX?

In other words, not use the NTR plug in and just try using the CIA? Hmmmm WHAT AN IDEA. Almost as if he could just try using the prepatched CIA without the plug in stuff, and maybe it would work. GJ telling him to do the same thing I did after giving me shit for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1