Not open for further replies.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
And? Just restore the system settings. Ticket gone.

(If the CIA was legit you'd normally need to redownload the CIA from the eShop).

Do you even know what you're saying? Since when did "System Settings" have anything to do with ticket.db? I think you should spend your time reading up on 3dbrew... You'd know how System Settings saves data and how tickets are managed... System Settings aren't affiliated with ticket.db.

How about, next time you try and be smart about something, make sure what you're saying isn't trash...

Reactions: Margen67

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
wtf.jpg
you seem confused.

Do you even know what you're saying? Since when did "System Settings" have anything to do with ticket.db? I think you should spend your time reading up on 3dbrew... You'd know how System Settings saves data and how tickets are managed... System Settings aren't affiliated with ticket.db.

How about, next time you try and be smart about something, make sure what you're saying isn't trash...

I thought data management can rebuild ticket.dB if you delete it, then go into settings, maybe she thinks that wipes stuff?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
you seem confused.

I thought data management can rebuild ticket.dB if you delete it, then go into settings, maybe she thinks that wipes stuff?

Maybe.

What did you mean by "you seem confused"? All Dazz posted was a system version.... I'm just thinking open. Maybe Daz is working on something other than KARL, too? You ARE aware that Smea is working on Ninjax for 9.7, right?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garyopa said that Gateway team found a hole in 9.7
Is it a deep enough hole? We don't know, but they are not out.

Deep enough hole? wtf does this even mean.

"Hey check this shit out, I found a loophole in the system. Its crazy but it works."

"Yeah cool but how deep is the loophole"

"?"

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Ninjhax. It was a small enough to get what they needed, but they would need to pull from a greater exploit to gain higher access like how it gains permission from the browser and etc. I guess gateway has only found userland.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like Ninjhax. It was a small enough to get what they needed, but they would need to pull from a greater exploit to gain higher access like how it gains permission from the browser and etc. I guess gateway has only found userland.

We have userland in 9.7 since November 2014.

Reactions: 1 person

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Except that when you install non-legit stuff to sysNAND, you get a dodgy ticket - no thanks.

except that you do not have to install anything on sysnand to run pastacfw and neither cia, you can install cia into sd card, you really need to gather more information before saying that x or y is dangerous, writing to sysnand indeed is, but for running pasta and cia on pasta you do not need to

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except that you do not have to install anything on sysnand to run pastacfw and neither cia, you can install cia into sd card, you really need to gather more information before saying that x or y is dangerous, writing to sysnand indeed is, but for running pasta and cia on pasta you do not need to

Installing a title puts a ticket in NAND which is not removed with the software. You can either reflash an older NAND backup or try to manually remove the ticket (supposedly a PITA) but it is there.
Additionally, if it is there, you can't install the legitimate version due to the ticket being wrong.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Installing a title puts a ticket in NAND which is not removed with the software. You can either reflash an older NAND backup or try to manually remove the ticket (supposedly a PITA) but it is there.
Additionally, if it is there, you can't install the legitimate version due to the ticket being wrong.
I installed all the Games i owned on my old 3DS to my New 3DS using non legit cias, before the E-shop spoof was possible, at first e-shop login using the NNID I used before on my old 3DS, all non legit ticket of E-Shop Games i bought got updated. After it finished, I was able to use all my previous non legit cias without patches.
Later i installed a legit Pokeon CIA over a self dumped and created one, to be able to play it without emunand, an in NTR, so it is possible to install a legitimate version over an bad ticket one.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed all the Games i owned on my old 3DS to my New 3DS using non legit cias, before the E-shop spoof was possible, at first e-shop login using the NNID I used before on my old 3DS, all non legit ticket of E-Shop Games i bought got updated. After it finished, I was able to use all my previous non legit cias without patches.
Later i installed a legit Pokeon CIA over a self dumped and created one, to be able to play it without emunand, an in NTR, so it is possible to install a legitimate version over an bad ticket one.
He was Speaking about installing the same title from eshop I think

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Were the CIAs personal or from a site like that ISO site(TM)?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It could be possible that you cant buy it, but already bought games will become legit if you enter the eshop. I will check it :)
Edit:
I created them from a titleDB of my other 3DS(only the legid cia version later was from an other site), but without personal ID. So it should be the sames as unpathced from Iso sites. but at some point after creating the cias i moved my NNID to my n3DS emunand(it failed, but i was able to login with my nnid on my new 3DS). And at first login to E-shop, it legitimated all my bought Games. But its not(at least with pasta enabled) possible to buy games that have tickets that are not legit(it only says redownload).
For the tets I deleted the cia i created from my cardrige using the system settings, I dont know if it will behave in a other way, when using the Dev Menu for deletion.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

Are you really playing that card? I never said that you needed to install anything to run pasta! I said that I don't want to install non-legit CIA's to sysNAND WITH pasta. No matter if you install that CIA to NAND via FBI or to the SD card, YOU GET A TICKET! emuNAND is preferred because I can unlink it from sysNAND and install the "fake" stuff on emuNAND , that way - no non legit stuff on sys. Comprenday?

Anyway, yeah I suppose PASTA is safe, however - I don't feel safe with non legit tickets, either way. It's my personal preference. I'd prefer rxTools over PASTA, any day - assuming that rxTools allowed non-legit stuff (which it doesn't). See my point?

So don't go telling me to do my research as I know full well what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol