ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda sad that @Olmectron probably figured out everything I did, and then some. I am still unsure about the Eternal Seal thing.... the way things are structured seemed to have varied so I cannot find a clear connection. The guy who mentioned it used kana as a reference, and i think her structure varies slightly. However just give your self an eternal seal with a 63 usage XD.

However the boots....... here (Refer to previous post if you want to know what the other blocks represent. I made a photoshop error and forgot to make them opaque, to lazy to fix)
2f97f2ca22.png

lemmi break it down. The boots are.. well there! You edit that value, you get 1 boots used, 2, means 2. 3 means 3. So forth. I gave my self 50, my movement speed is now 56 in game. Is it permanent? I have NOO idea. but it works.

NOW since I couldn't find anything nearby to use as a landmark to find it easily, I know this.

for the MU there's the purple section? That's actually the hair colour in hex. Right after it is an
FF 00

that means, when you search for a character, after the inventory, look for a string of bytes of random numbers, it would generally be separated by lots of 00's and generally be before the 01 14 00 00 00 (where the learned skills are)

EXAMPLE, notice how After the purple section, there's FF 00 37 D7 74 59 3B 19 27 E8 37 39 22 8F 76

each character has a similar line like that, which will begin with an FF 00, and before that FF 00, their hair colour in bytes. So INCLUDING the hair bytes.....

the boots would be 15 bytes before the FF 00

I know this might seem a little bit complicated, but I honestly don't know how to locate it very well, its honestly how I did.... since each characters hair color will vary there's no values one can use as a landmark besides the always there FF 00.

Anyways, characters, how do you find them?

Here's a spreadsheet i threw together. This will allow you to find characters now. Basically the format to find them is this (Character Hex)00(Classhex)

meaning if i wanted to find my MU who's Hoshido Noble (White Blood M). Hes a Male MU meaning hes 1.

that means I search for 01 00 05 ->
5e84056986.png
<- (my MU's character hex)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAdsxVVxNKaxu90Lnb4WfWM-HH2TFLfNFQzsYwIDmKs/edit#gid=0
WARNING, NAMES ARE TRANSLATED FROM JAPANESE, names will vary from NA release. Serenes Forest had all characters IN ORDER mind you, made my job a lot more easier so I just had to convert... It may be an inconvenience but at the very least it should help you.

By the way its 5:41am and I have yet to sleep. I honestly hope my typing isn't seemingly like some madman's incoherent blabber XD.
Congrats on also finding the boots value! I found it last night by comparing a file before and after using the boots item on my MU. As for the Eternal Seal byte, I can confirm the byte is located right before the unit ID. In fact, a byte of 10 is more than enough to get a unit to Lv99. Already tried it on my Kana and MU, it's working like a charm.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's kinda sad that @Olmectron probably figured out everything I did, and then some. I am still unsure about the Eternal Seal thing.... the way things are structured seemed to have varied so I cannot find a clear connection. The guy who mentioned it used kana as a reference, and i think her structure varies slightly. However just give your self an eternal seal with a 63 usage XD.

However the boots....... here (Refer to previous post if you want to know what the other blocks represent. I made a photoshop error and forgot to make them opaque, to lazy to fix)
2f97f2ca22.png

lemmi break it down. The boots are.. well there! You edit that value, you get 1 boots used, 2, means 2. 3 means 3. So forth. I gave my self 50, my movement speed is now 56 in game. Is it permanent? I have NOO idea. but it works.

NOW since I couldn't find anything nearby to use as a landmark to find it easily, I know this.

for the MU there's the purple section? That's actually the hair colour in hex. Right after it is an
FF 00

that means, when you search for a character, after the inventory, look for a string of bytes of random numbers, it would generally be separated by lots of 00's and generally be before the 01 14 00 00 00 (where the learned skills are)

EXAMPLE, notice how After the purple section, there's FF 00 37 D7 74 59 3B 19 27 E8 37 39 22 8F 76

each character has a similar line like that, which will begin with an FF 00, and before that FF 00, their hair colour in bytes. So INCLUDING the hair bytes.....

the boots would be 15 bytes before the FF 00

I know this might seem a little bit complicated, but I honestly don't know how to locate it very well, its honestly how I did.... since each characters hair color will vary there's no values one can use as a landmark besides the always there FF 00.

Anyways, characters, how do you find them?

Here's a spreadsheet i threw together. This will allow you to find characters now. Basically the format to find them is this (Character Hex)00(Classhex)

meaning if i wanted to find my MU who's Hoshido Noble (White Blood M). Hes a Male MU meaning hes 1.

that means I search for 01 00 05 ->
5e84056986.png
<- (my MU's character hex)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAdsxVVxNKaxu90Lnb4WfWM-HH2TFLfNFQzsYwIDmKs/edit#gid=0
WARNING, NAMES ARE TRANSLATED FROM JAPANESE, names will vary from NA release. Serenes Forest had all characters IN ORDER mind you, made my job a lot more easier so I just had to convert... It may be an inconvenience but at the very least it should help you.

By the way its 5:41am and I have yet to sleep. I honestly hope my typing isn't seemingly like some madman's incoherent blabber XD.
Nice findings, @Kuro Kairaku

I had only found about the boots. The movement should be permanent, but it won't work when playing multiplayer or anything that has to see with other players (it didn't work for me outside the solo game).

By the way, @Relic Song , your original Japanese Fates saves from some months ago have helped me a lot. So, thanks!

Sorry I can't share a lot right now because of time, but you guys are doing a great work finding all of this. Keep up the research!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Off-topic, but anyone knows how GitHub goes about copyrighted material?

For example, some images from one of the Nintendo games? Would the project be banned? Should I just post a pastebin with the image resources separately from the source code? What do you recommend?

Last edited by Olmectron,

cokacommando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice findings, @Kuro Kairaku

I had only found about the boots. The movement should be permanent, but it won't work when playing multiplayer or anything that has to see with other players (it didn't work for me outside the solo game).

By the way, @Relic Song , your original Japanese Fates saves from some months ago have helped me a lot. So, thanks!

Sorry I can't share a lot right now because of time, but you guys are doing a great work finding all of this. Keep up the research!

Off-topic, but anyone knows how GitHub goes about copyrighted material?

For example, some images from one of the Nintendo games? Would the project be banned? Should I just post a pastebin with the image resources separately from the source code? What do you recommend?

I really don't think Nintendo would care to much about this little project of yours. I for one am super hyped, seeing as PowerSaves Prime is dumb. Either way reaaaaaally looking forward to the final release!!!

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really don't think Nintendo would care to much about this little project of yours. I for one am super hyped, seeing as PowerSaves Prime is dumb. Either way reaaaaaally looking forward to the final release!!!
Okay, thanks. However, I still think I need to be cautious about it.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just leak a self-hostable version on Pastebin. A lot of people will provide mirrors for you. Also about how GitHub treats copyrighted content:
http://luminescentblade.github.io/KamuiCustomizer/
http://luminescentblade.github.io/RobinCustomizer/
Okay then. Those customizers are really cool, by the way. I think I saw the Kamui one in a SerenesForest thread some time ago.

Release is still really far, anyway, just wanted to know so I can start thinking on how it should release. :D

Oh my mistake. I misunderstood your question. Apologies...
What? No, your anwser was alright. Don't worry. :)

Reactions: SomeGamer

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some input on this, but my computer isn't as fixed as I thought, some programs still aren't opening, and I kinda need one to explain my input.
So I will have to explain after I get calculator and\or windows app store working again.

ShadowMario3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the Support Log 100% (as far as I know, since this time, the game doesn't tell you which ones you are missing) for Fates! As usual, I know that there are people who mainly want a complete Support Log, so here is the 100% Region Free Global File

As usual, make a complete backup of your save files before importing this. Just like the Awakening Global File, this will wipe out the current Unit Logbook, however, I have added the four (untrained) amiibo guest units so you can buy and use them. Unfortunately, they won't appear in the Japanese version, and who knows how the European version will handle them. Also, this will slightly alter some of your My Castle info, mainly info seen in the Inbox and it will remove Calling Cards that you have with the 10 in the Global file.

Features:

1. No personal playthroughs, My Castle Address, Battle Points, or Visit Points will be erased, just replace your Global save file
with this one. Avatar Logbook and several My Castle features, however, will be erased. Read Note.
2. 100% Records Hall. Support Log, All Cutcenes, All Music, and Unit Roster is 100% complete.
3. My Castle Calling Card will show all three paths as cleared on Lunatic Mode.
4. All four amiibo characters (untrained) in the Unit Logbook.

Please note that to access all music, the Records Hall needs to be at Level 3. Anna was obtained by importing save to a Japanese
game, recruiting her, then importing the save back to the NA game.

NOTE:

As usual, ALWAYS make sure to backup your complete save file to a safe place in case anything goes wrong.

Any units you have in the Unit Logbook WILL be deleted. Be sure to recruit as many as you can to your separate save files
before importing this Global file. You will have to re-add your old units to the Logbook by beating the Endgame multiple
times, where you can add five units to the Logbook, or by visiting the My Castle you obtained the unit from.

There will be a few issues with your My Castle data. All of your Calling Cards are tied to the Global file, so they will be
erased and replaced with the ten cards that I have. Be sure to type down the Castle Addresses of Calling Cards you frequently
visit so you can re-add them to your Calling Card list. Your Castle Address, Battle Points and Visit Points will remain
the same as those three are tied to your Rating and/or Exchange file.

Also, in your Inbox, these categories will be replaced by what was last in this particular Global file:

StreetPass Results
Feedback
Accessories
Bond Units
Buildings

The main loss in this category will be if you managed to get any Bond Units, you will lose data (how they were formed) on
them, as the other four will constantly update and be replaced whenever you update your castle. From my tests, this shouldn't
blacklist your castle.

The Unit Logbook has four Guest Units they are: Name - Gold recuired to recruit - Weapon

Marth - 11160 G - Falchion
Ike - 9060 G - Ragnell
Lucina - 10380 G - Parallel Falchion
Robin - 8820 G - Thoron

More in Readme file

Last edited by ShadowMario3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end