Homebrew [WIP] Fake86 - "DOS" Emulador

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started working on this project just before christmas of last year, and after getting it running I lost interest. But after browsing through some threads I decided to release whatever I had.

Fake86 is an 8086/80186 PC emulator. It runs both on N3DS and O3DS.

It currently has no sound and the only input method is through the touchscreen keyboard.

Speed is an issue on the O3DS, but its decent on the N3DS.

Download: https://github.com/masterfeizz/fake86/releases

CVwCzpmWIAACYv9.jpg

Last edited by MasterFeizz,

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude! This is rad as hell! It looks lightyears better than the DosBox core for RetroArch with that stellar keyboard. It would be neat if it detected the 3DS's buttons as a gamepad (or allowed the buttons to be remapped externally, like setting the dpad to WASD through a config file or something), but damn, still it looks awesome. Imagine using something like this to boot into dos and run like any classic game man. That would make source-ports unnecessary since we could just run them from dos, yeah?

Last edited by tiduscrying,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude! This is rad as hell! It looks lightyears better than the DosBox core for RetroArch with that stellar keyboard. It would be neat if it detected the 3DS's buttons as a gamepad (or allowed the buttons to be remapped externally, like setting the dpad to WASD through a config file or something), but damn, still it looks awesome. Imagine using something like this to boot into dos and run like any classic game man. That would make source-ports unnecessary since we could just run them from dos, yeah?
16bit games only for now. Gamepad support is easy to implement and I got some ideas on how to increase performance

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this run compared to dosbox retroarch? Is it *feasable* to add the later instructions to enable newer software? Making emulators is awesome and hard to do efficiently.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this run compared to dosbox retroarch? Is it *feasable* to add the later instructions to enable newer software? Making emulators is awesome and hard to do efficiently.
This at least boots on o3ds while retroarch doesn't so it may be better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed