[WIP] 3DS Builder Updated - Help Appreciated

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asia81, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    [​IMG]

Hello guys,

I will try to keep 3DS Builder updated with newer games (since it's just add TitleID, Serial and names)...
    If you have a 3DS HackRom (NOT Pokemon atm), I can also add it, as I did for my BDU.

So guys, I need your help now!
    There is a lot of new games that are not in the old version of 3DS Builder, but I will need help for have TitleID and Serial.
    If you use 3DS Builder, and it doesn't recognize your game, tell me the TitleID and Serial and I will add them to the DataBase.

About the ORAS/XY Plain Region Mod:
    This will force the PlainRegion file to be added to your build.
    Currently, this mod is not working.

Proof of Concept:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Link:
    http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/TXg23cNT/file.html

Credits:
    @SciresM for 3DS Builder, of course
    @mcaboosec for the PlainRegion mod

@SciresM If you are already doing it, or if you don't want see this (...) tell me and I will request the lock...

Last edited by Asia81, Jan 25, 2016
  2. SciresM

SciresM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2014
    United States
    I would...strongly request this not get distributed like this.

It makes it very difficult for me to actually update my program if people are using a modified version of it.

If people really want a version with an updated recognized title list (which doesn't actually *matter*, since it just auto-fills the serial, which you can do manually...), that's fine, I can periodically update the stored title list on github.

Also, inserting ORAS/XY plainregion into non ORAS/XY games is pointless/dumb because those games will have different plainregions anyway...You realize plain region inclusion has no effect on the way the ROM acts, right? I don't understand why you'd want this, and I don't understand why you'd leave checkboxes for a nonfunctional feature visible.

If you really want these features in the master branch, you can always make a pull request. It's open source on Github for a reason.

Last edited by SciresM, Jan 25, 2016
    Shadowtrance likes this.
  3. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    @SciresM Oh ok... I understand.
    We tried to force the PlainRegion insertion just for AlphaSapphire with TitleID edited, and always blackscreen:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-for-a-3ds-buider-mod.407743/
    We tried like that because you didn't anwser, so what should we do?

And yeah, an updated database, even if you think it's useless, can be useful.

4. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    closed by request of author

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.