Gaming WinRAR Help

BioHazardN00B

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay ive got a 1.2 Gb .Rar file and i want to burn it onto 2, 700 Mb Discs, How do i split a .rar into multiple parts because i know it is possible. I Have Winrar PRO or w/e Btw....

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
I doubt thats possible.
It is, its called spanned archives. You can break files into multiple RAR archives and then decompress them as if they were just one archive. I don't use WinRar so I can't give detailed instructions though on how to do it. I use PowerArchiver.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be some sort of option like "max file size" when creating the archive, and thats what you want to set. Then it will automatically parse to a new file when that cap is hit.

I use 7-Zip though.

BioHazardN00B

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
Open WinRar, navigate to the folder with that rar, select it, tools, convert archives, compression
Ok i see "Split to volumes, Bytes" but i dont really know what to do from there... i selected the compression i want (CD700Mb) but nothing really happens...
Edit: Uhh Sorry i spoke too soon, I think ive got it figured out, Thanks!

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
BioHazardN00B said:
fischju said:
Open WinRar, navigate to the folder with that rar, select it, tools, convert archives, compression
Ok i see "Split to volumes, Bytes" but i dont really know what to do from there... i selected the compression i want (CD700Mb) but nothing really happens...
Edit: Uhh Sorry i spoke too soon, I think ive got it figured out, Thanks!
Yeah, this is the way to do it, if you have the time, recompress with this selection from the start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat