Windows XP getting stuck...

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by NeSchn, Dec 26, 2009.

1. NeSchn
    OP

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    So, I had to reinstall XP on my netbook due to a stupid mistake of mine (I downloaded Professional instead of Home therefore I couldn't use my serial from my last laptop) and I have been having some problems.

Everytime I restart the computer after something is done installing it will just hang on the Shut Down screen and I have to manually shut it down, or when I close my computer lid it will get stuck on the Stand By or Hibernation screen (which I shut off).

For now, I just turned it off so it does nothing when I close the lid so it works when I turn it back on, but I would really like to know if anyone knows a fix for this because its making me annoyed, mostly the Shut Down one though.

If anyone could help, that would be great, thanks =D

Also, please don't say stupid stuff like "Upgrade to blah blah blah..." or "Why did you get a shitty netbook?" these will be reported as spam.

EDIT: I have SP2 by the way, Professional had SP3 and it worked fine, should I maybe update to SP3?