Gaming Windows Drivers Problem

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic says, I'm having irritating driver problems. I recently installed Windows 7 RC1, and when trying to reinstall the drivers, I keep getting either "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9998)" or I get one saying I need Administrator access. Which I'm ON the administrator account. The computer came preinstalled with Windows Vista Sp 1.

Can anyone help me? I managed to get the sound card reinstalled, but it was really messy, and the file I used from the original .exe file for that, isn't in the current drivers I'm trying to install.

Oh yeah, a PS: When I go to use Windows Update, it keeps wanting me to reinstall my sound card's drivers. Which royally messes them up. Why is that?

(This is on an HP Pavillion Slimline s3700f PC)

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not use something like an OS that's leaked. I'm asking for help on the current subject, not asking about downloading a different OS or build of said OS.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
I'd rather not use something like an OS that's leaked. I'm asking for help on the current subject, not asking about downloading a different OS or build of said OS.
He's giving you the solution. a more updated version of Windows 7 is out which should remedy all your driver issues. I myself installed Windows 7 like 3 days ago. It was the rtm version of Windows 7 Ultimate. I had no driver issues at all.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
shinkukage09 said:
He's giving you the solution. a more updated version of Windows 7 is out which should remedy all your driver issues. I myself installed Windows 7 like 3 days ago. It was the rtm version of Windows 7 Ultimate. I had no driver issues at all.

Not really a solution to the problem.

Even if you're in the administration account, UAC is still turned on.

Run the install packages in Vista compatibility mode. All Vista drivers work for Windows 7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: but i don't look at that shit because that's commiting a criminal offense