Windows 7

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There is always a next version of windows. After Windows 7 comes out Microsoft will start making a new one. However, the roumers that it will be released in 2009 are not right (though widespread thanks to the people not fact-checking before they release news on the internet. Nobody wants to be the last with a story, so they just parrot whatever roumours they find).

Source

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
If it comes out next year it will probably be just Vista with some corrections.. that's not enough time to make a decent new OS.

Windows is in urgent need to be totally remade, Microsoft promised they would do that with Vista.. and in the end it's just the same thing.. but prettier and slower
mad.gif

Damn Microsoft! I don't need more shinnier and transparent windows! I need a decent memory management, File system and security! Like Unix has.. since 1978
sleep.gif

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
if they release it next year they're idiots.
there was a 6 year gap between xp and vista.
SP1 isnt even out for vista yet.

phlyjedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if they do release it next year, it will probably what Windows 2003 is to Windows XP.

2003 is in a different class then XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

2003 is a server, and it's next version comes out next month called Windows Server 2008.

Also for everybody getting mad 2009 is too early, as a few people have already mentioned, it was an error, its 2011, here is another source:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/28/windows...more-like-2011/

Not to mention they have been working on this for a long while now, it is aka Blackcomb(Vienna). I remember reading about it back in 2004. IIRC they are already working on another version of Windows(8) after 7, which is slated to be released 2014, but I am not sure if that has been canceled or not.

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

The six year gap was due to the fact that they scrapped most of the Vista code and started over when they needed to go in a different direction. It was a mistake. No version of windows had ever lasted that long before, and no version will likely ever last that long again.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan

The six year gap was due to the fact that they scrapped most of the Vista code and started over when they needed to go in a different direction. It was a mistake. No version of windows had ever lasted that long before, and no version will likely ever last that long again.
True, I mean 95, 98, 2000, and XP (2001).

Although 95,98,2000 were pretty similar in structure.

phlyjedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

True, I mean 95, 98, 2000, and XP (2001).

Although 95,98,2000 were pretty similar in structure.

I am not trying to pick at you or anything, but it would be 95, 98, ME, XP. 2000, like 2003 is a server. Since XP is NT based like 2000, 2000's successor was considered to be XP, but 2003 was the true successor.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope it will be good, as Vista sucks so badly i won't use it ever, i have used it ones(About a week or two) was so terrible reinstalled back to windows xp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards