Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
So this is Microsoft's new Windows OS, called Windows 7.

52_full_lists(1).png

52_full_Peek%20-%20Before(1).png

52_full_Peek%20-%20After(1).png

http://www.neowin.net/news/live/08/10/28/i...he-windows-7-ui

There's a ton of information about Windows 7 in this link above, it's actually looking pretty damn awesome. Vista users should at the very least consider upgrading to Windows 7, and XP users should probably start saving up now. IMO, Windows 7 is what Vista should have been like from the get go. Loads of new features and overall better performance compared to Vista.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That UI is probably still too early. If someone remembers, the Vista (Codename Longhorn) alphas were TOTALLY similiar to XP.

We can expect some more UI changes in the future, other than the new taskbar (which btw, I don't like one bit... only icons? wtf)
smile.gif

And I hope that the "better performances" will be in relation to XP and not Vista (which is a resource-hog)
tongue.gif

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep... they flashed around this new kernel they were building "minwin" then did a u turn and decided they would just "Build on the vista kernel"
they showed demos of it running on 25 meg of ram.... using only 40meg HD space....

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
untill i see benchmark results Vs XP, im still using XP.

Vista = Fail

this looks promising, did they hirer some ex-macers'? hehe.

"it just works." "....with only iApplications, so sorry if you wanted to use anything else
smile.gif
"

HEHE
biggrin.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, performance is supposedly way above. Don't really see the point in upgrading though, it's just like Microsoft saying "Here, you paid for Vista, now you can pay again to get what it should've been."
Honestly, most of these changes could easily be done over simple updates to Vista. I don't expect to pay for something that adds little to nothing.
Besides, all anyone ever cares about is the UI, why!? And that taskbar sucks, I hate it, bring back the old one.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CorruptedAngel said:
Yep... they flashed around this new kernel they were building "minwin" then did a u turn and decided they would just "Build on the vista kernel"
they showed demos of it running on 25 meg of ram.... using only 40meg HD space....
impressive! any word on beta release or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0