Windows 7 resources for a theme (cursors, sounds, background)

Simon34545

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is all in one.

https://mega.nz/#!kMciCKqa!o4c0YYKH3bb4KPT59rU9-mxJM6yCqbCtkWyzztFdR2I

Classic Shell is used to change the start button start menu and OldNewExplorer is used to make Windows Explorer (File Explorer) work like it used to.
EDIT: I would've put in the startup sound but it's the same as Windows 10's startup sound, although I'm not sure about windows 8. I WILL put it in if a comment says it's not.
EDIT2: Aw man, I forgot to put gadgets in the .ZIP file. Well I might as well put it in when a comment says so.

Last edited by Simon34545,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is this for? Making newer Windows look like 7?

Classic Shell was (and is) a fine software to make Windows more usable, but development ended in December 2017 and it will most likely not be compatible with future versions of Windows 10 – that defeats the purpose of Classic Shell. According to [Wikipedia] there is a fork named Open-Shell [Github]. No idea how active the new project is. For my only modern Windows computer (typewriter, quick surf tablet, e-book reader) the bad new UI is no problem so I did not try to change it.

Would be more impressive to make modern Windows really (not just a half-baked skin) look and feel like 2000 or 98SE (or earlier).

Simon34545

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Classic Shell was (and is) a fine software to make Windows more usable, but development ended in December 2017 and it will most likely not be compatible with future versions of Windows 10 – that defeats the purpose of Classic Shell. According to [Wikipedia] there is a fork named Open-Shell [Github]. No idea how active the new project is. For my only modern Windows computer (typewriter, quick surf tablet, e-book reader) the bad new UI is no problem so I did not try to change it.

Would be more impressive to make modern Windows really (not just a half-baked skin) look and feel like 2000 or 98SE (or earlier).
Well i havent even finished making xp and im not sure about windows 95 because it has almost no sounds
yes i will do 98SE i if can make XP
but i need to eat breakfast (its 11 am and i havent eaten)

Simon34545

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and what do you mean by make windows really feel like win98SE (what files do i add)

Simon34545

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://gbatemp.net/threads/windows-xp-resources-for-a-theme-cursors-sounds-background.526399/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1