Windows 7 help for full screen Visual Novels

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Just Another Gamer, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Just Another Gamer
    OP

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    Okay, I know this sounds stupid but lately I been trying out some new VNs on my computer and since my desktop is having problems i've been using my laptop and I never noticed it before since I used XP but my VNs can't go into full screen mode in Win 7 and just centres itself in the middle surrounded by a black frame in its native resolution. I tried to find solutions on the net but so far I couldn't find anything and I just thought that some help might be nice.

I don't know if this means anything but this problem only applies to VNs that are originally in Japanese and requires an install method and not extract and paste.

2. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Well if you have a Nvidia card, you can adjust full screen scaling through the Nvidia control panel. Can probably do the same in the Catalyst control center, but I wouldn't know.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. Just Another Gamer
    OP

Australia
    I got an intel one and I tried that method but it's still suck in its native resolution even when in full screen mode but its then stuck in the middle of the screen. I'm not quite sure what the problem is actually since i'm not really used to Win 7 since I been using XP for a few years now and got used to it.

I googled online how to fix this and tired alot of the solutions with no change, maybe this is a problem with 7's OS when it comes to games.

4. Just Another Gamer
    OP

Australia
    Updated, I tried to change the resolution of my screen and set it to scale to full screen but the problem is still there. I don't know if posting a screenshot will help.