Window 10 kept come back after remove and hide

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by bradzx, Mar 25, 2016.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I don't understand at all. I did follow the step from here. Now it kept come back when I got update. I know there is one way to get rid of it. But I want 100% get rid of this s*** Window 10 and never ever come back on update!!! It is really annoying to keep see that every time I get update after I remove it and hide it.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Get GWX control panel from http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/
    I have used it for some 40 machines at this point. Only trouble I had was that I usually carry it on my USB drive of wonder and a windows tablet I had to sort did not have a USB port.

3. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Windows 10 is not that bad.

4. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    That's irrelevant really. Some people dislike the fact that Microsoft are trying to force an update on people that don't want it.

ihaveamac, VinsCool and CitizenSnips like this.
  5. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Fair enough, I guess.

6. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    That, and upgrading's not always perfect. Things go wrong, and frankly if I'm migrating I'd much rather do a fresh install than worry about something being silently broken and things failing or slowing down for no discernible reason.

There was also that one W10 preview build that took 3-4 hours to upgrade to, and I had to reboot my machine in safe mode to stop it from trying to install every time I tried to boot. Not fun stuff.

7. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I'd go one step further - do the upgrade to validate the license, then do a clean install to prevent any problems popping up.