1. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I'm kinda mad at myself for wasting money on this. I bought it with this card I get $41 on each month. it's associated with disability, and it's like my own personal card away from my payee. I get paid on the 28th of each month, the day this came out. what a waste...

2. evertonstz

evertonstz GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I did. Extremely boring experience, I played it for around 8 hours and uninstalled the game. Don't be like me and fall for the toon graphics, the game is not a "BOTW meets WW" like people hyped it before the release (who would ever guess . It's more of a survival game with boats, shallow mechanics and quite unfairly balanced tbh. It looks like an early-acess game.
    If you want a survival game with boats, just get Don't Starve Shipwrecked, it doesn't have the fancy graphics but it's a way better survival game and it's actually extremely deep and fun.

It's surprisingly well optimized in the Switch, even the download is small, it's smaller than 2GB. Not that it would hard to do that, the game literally have nothing going on for the world apart from the graphics, even animation is janky in the game.

Last edited by evertonstz, Aug 31, 2020
    Bladexdsl and lpoolm like this.
  3. PhyChris

PhyChris GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    dude, i read the title and seen Winbond thought oldschool plcc BIOS chips. deadly Wake 'n' bake lol

Last edited by PhyChris, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Trace_hunter

Trace_hunter GBAtemp Regular

I've played it, imagine Wind Waker but without any of the fun.

No in seriousness it's a big disappoinment, more akin to suriving in Minecraft with sailing than Zelda.

5. creighton

creighton Member
    Newcomer

France
    Last edited by creighton, Oct 17, 2020
  6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you made the right choice

7. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    i found myself randomly floating around in a crane kick pose after 60 seconds of playtime.
    it doesn't control as well as it should, it's clear this is meant to emulate the look of botw to pull in buyers but under that, it's a mediocre 3d action game like so many others. it obviously lacks the polish a botw has received.

but if you don't mind that, go and have fun with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Windbound, Switch,