Gaming Wind Waker HD

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't wait for this game to hit shelves. My only question is why didn't Ninty get it ready for launch? I bet if this was a launch titles sales would be much higher for the console. I know lack of great launch titles hurt the Wii, and it seems to be hurting Wii U as well.

Thing is though, there are a bunch of great WiiU titles, better than kind of any console ever had. But I have a couple theories as to why the launch isn't going as planned:

- The years of people bashing Nintendo, people see Nintendo as a kiddy toy, and not a serious gaming platform.
- People can't afford one in this economy yet.
- People who have a PS3/360 don't want a WiiU as stated in the first reason, and have no need for a second console.
- People thinks its too early to bring out new consoles.
- They see a gimmick and nothing more and that Nintendo just releases the same old stuff year after year after year.

Personally I love the WiiU. I have ZombiU, NSMB U, Nintendo Land, and Sonic Racing as well as a bunch of eShop titles. I plan on buying maybe another game tomorrow, thinking CoD but I don't know.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
How bout people didn't buy teh system because the games are shitty and/or uninteresting and the features are crappy and the system is overpriced? Because those are the reasons I didn't buy it (The first Nintendo Console I did not buy at launch since the N64!).

I intend to buy it once the promised featureset is available at a reasonable price and a couple good games are out. That's what i did with the PS3, thats what i'll do with the WiiU.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How bout people didn't buy teh system because the games are shitty and/or uninteresting and the features are crappy and the system is overpriced? Because those are the reasons I didn't buy it (The first Nintendo Console I did not buy at launch since the N64!).

I intend to buy it once the promised featureset is available at a reasonable price and a couple good games are out. That's what i did with the PS3, thats what i'll do with the WiiU.
Yes, because $300 is SO EXPENSIVE for next gen hardware that comes with a freaking tablet controller. :rolleyes:

And the PS3 was $600 at launch. There's just simply no comparison whatsoever.

Plus I don't have it handy, but there was a chart of console launch prices adjusted for inflation and stuff, and the Wii U is comparatively one of the cheapest console launch prices out there.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
console-prices-relative-2.png

Is what you are looking for.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Is what you are looking for.
Indeed it is. As you can see, when adjusted for inflation, the Wii U is barely more expensive than the Wii and GCN, just barely takes second place for most expensive Nintendo console (next to the original NES), and is cheaper than than non-nintendo console on that list, except for the Atari 7800, which is just barely cheaper (by $7!!!).

Tl;dr; anyone who claims the Wii U is overpriced really doesn't know what they're talking about in the least.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tl;dr; anyone who claims the Wii U is overpriced really doesn't know what they're talking about in the least.

To play the devil's advocate, it could be the cheapest console on the list and still be overpriced. People could argue that even at $300-350 you're still not getting much bang for your buck.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
To play the devil's advocate, it could be the cheapest console on the list and still be overpriced. People could argue that even at $300-350 you're still not getting much bang for your buck.
Software wise yes for many of us, but the system is sold at a loss (buying an additional game tips the scale back to profitable)so technically $350 it's worth what you're paying.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It has at bare MINIMUM more than the capacity for the same kind of games the mainstream consoles from this generation provides, has full backwards compatibility with one generation (the Wii, a console that costs roughly $100 new, on its own right now), and comes with a nifty new control peripheral not yet seen in competitors that's pretty damn expensive on its own... And with the deluxe model, you get a $60 game and 4x the storage capacity for only $50. I don't see how that's not enough bang for the buck.

Plus, there's a difference between "too expensive in general," and "it's too expensive for me to personally consider." An example of the latter option would be me and the PS3. I already own a 360 for all the multiplats, most of the exclusives I love are on Nintendo systems, and there just aren't enough PS3 exclusives that I care for (or are acquainted with) that I could justify buying a PS3 for, even at the extremely reasonable price it is right now. But I'm not going to say the system needs a price drop because, well, it doesn't. I don't think it's worth $250 (or whatever it is right now) to me personally, but there's no denying that it's not generally worth at least that much.
Software wise yes for many of us.
Yeah, but even then, that's something that plagues most systems at launch. When you buy any console at launch, you're buying it because, well, you just really aren't patient enough to wait, or there really ARE those one or two launch titles that you really want to play. You're buying the system for the potential it'll almost inevitably fill via its software library down the road.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thing is though, there are a bunch of great WiiU titles, better than kind of any console ever had. But I have a couple theories as to why the launch isn't going as planned:

- The years of people bashing Nintendo, people see Nintendo as a kiddy toy, and not a serious gaming platform.
- People who have a PS3/360 don't want a WiiU as stated in the first reason, and have no need for a second console.
- They see a gimmick and nothing more and that Nintendo just releases the same old stuff year after year after year.

Personally I love the WiiU. I have ZombiU, NSMB U, Nintendo Land, and Sonic Racing as well as a bunch of eShop titles. I plan on buying maybe another game tomorrow, thinking CoD but I don't know.

Maybe I need to look up numbers before posting lol. For me personally, I've been stuck with only 1 or 2, maybe a few more, great games for the first months of a new console launch. I get all the points you say, and it does such that many people don't take Ninty seriously any more. The fact of the matter is, Nintendo help start the home console generation, and no matter how "gimmicky" their stuff is, Sony and Microsoft aim to try to copy it XD.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
from this that will be the price of it here they did the same thing with the ps3 before it was out and the price never changed :P
Can't really tell if you're joking or not, but if not... You do realize that EBGames and GameStop ALWAYS do placeholder prices, right? And that Wii U game placeholder prices were $99.99, right? And that EBGames being right ONCE out of a billion times in the past about a placeholder price doesn't mean they'll be right THIS time, right?

*insert about 10 more uses of "right?" here*

Reactions: Rydian
D

Deleted_171835

Can't really tell if you're joking or not, but if not... You do realize that EBGames and GameStop ALWAYS do placeholder prices, right? And that Wii U game placeholder prices were $99.99, right? And that EBGames being right ONCE out of a billion times in the past about a placeholder price doesn't mean they'll be right THIS time, right?

*insert about 10 more uses of "right?" here*
It's Australia. Everything is overpriced as fuck there.

D

Deleted_171835

No, those aren't the reasons.

The only real reason is 'games'. There aren't enough system-selling games out right now.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I understand that. I'm just saying that a placeholder price means NOTHING as to what the actual price would be. If they do get it right, it'll have been a lucky guess, and nothing more.
trust me i know that price won't change the same thing happened with the ps3. but hey were all rich here we can afford it :creep:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trust me i know that price won't change the same thing happened with the ps3. but hey were all rich here we can afford it :creep:

Sorry I'm not going to trust the credibility of someone who can't even care to type properly.

I'll take the credit of the guy who correctly leaked a ton of other info though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended