Gaming Wind Waker HD or NSMBU

BobPwnz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which game should i get for the wii u. I have $63 on my eshop account and I am wondering which game I should get. I loved NSMB Wii and had a lot of fun playing it with my friends(meaning I grabbed them and threw them off the stage). However, I also loved the original Wind Waker so I am torn on which game to get.. Wind waker is $50 while NSMBU is $60 i think.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wind Waker HD definitely.

NSMBU is rather short and once you finish the 'Story Mode' with the gold coins all you have left are the Challenges which IMO, aren't really that whole lot of fun unless you have local players to play it too.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't have a wii u so I haven't played either, but you say you already have played through the original wind waker? If you really want to play through it again with updated graphics and some other things, the get that. If you don't care about remakes then get the other I guess. You listed it as an option though

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Wind Waker HD for the solo-experience. NSMBU is only worth it if you're looking for something to play co-op... But even then, Super Mario Bros. 3D World is a better deal than NSMBU.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Wind Waker was a beautiful game. I just finished it and its really like a mix of playing a Zelda title and being in a Pixar movie. The animation is beautiful, gameplay is excellent, puzzles and temples are engaging and the mechanics are also awesome. I also think it makes excellent use of the gamepad.

Reactions: TehCupcakes

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wind Waker was a beautiful game. I just finished it and its really like a mix of playing a Zelda title and being in a Pixar movie. The animation is beautiful, gameplay is excellent, puzzles and temples are engaging and the mechanics are also awesome. I also think it makes excellent use of the gamepad.
Pixar movie? seriously? I have been watching my son play it the past week and it is nice and all but nowhere near Pixar. Pikmin 3 maybe. That is beautiful.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe Pixar was the wrong company but I honestly felt like it had top notch graphics and animation. For its style (which is very simple), I'd go as far as to say it was perfect.

I liked the little things Nintendo did such as before the final boss battle, climbing that rope for ages. It gave a real sense of atmosphere and suspense. Other shitty video games would just throw in a CGI cut scene there. I was honestly very very impressed with WWHD. It does have a few weaknesses. If you're trying to 100% the game, I'd imagine it would get boring as the sailing and side quests are a bit lack luster but then again, most games at 100% are pretty boring as games in general seem to not be able to handle side quests without them getting repetitive.

This Zelda game specifically really made me feel like I was apart of the story and told a story.. but without directly forcing me to watch shit loads of cut scenes or mountains full of dialogue. Very special game and a masterclass in story telling IMO. I thought the pacing was also very very good apart from maybe the triforce shards part.

Honestly one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm usually not a fan of Zelda games BTW.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
WWHD has way more content and longevity then NSMBU but saying that NSMBU is a really cool platformer so its a hard decision?. I will leave it in your hands :bow: Shame you didn't buy MK8 when it was first released, then you could of got it for free and in my case I got both for free with a bit of tinkering around :)

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Wind Waker.

i kick myself for choosing NSMBU over Wind Waker when they offered both for free when you bought MK10. Wish I would have chosen WW.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Wind Waker as a free download for -- being a platinum member(?) -- I can't remember -- Anyway, I NEVER played a Zelda game before (I'm 29 y/o). This game got me HOOKED! One of the most well-made, beautiful, exciting, frustrating, content-packed, adventurous games I've ever played. Because of WW, I bought the 3DS remake of Ocarina. Another amazing game.

Reactions: aofelix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu