Hacking Will you update?

Will you update to 3.70?

• Yes, I want to go on PSN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... CFW is the way to go!

• I'll see, if there isnt a 3.6x cfw out within x weeks/x months then I'll update

• Total voters

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DbGt said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Twilight Loz said:
might sound stupid but what happens when your flagged and what does it mean?

Also, some people were banned for other reasons than piracy before and they only ban the console, not the account.

That's understandable, they ban you, but if you want access back to your psn account, you need to pay for a new PS3.

what other reasons do you mean???

Anything that could get you banned. Cheating, being racist or whatever you can think of that is against their rules. Also, some people were actually banned from this I think. Some got a banned message after jailbreaking and they have been able to log back on another account.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i gave up on the ps3 scene for a couple of reasons 1)the devs are spinniging their wheels they in my opionion going no where 2) if they make a new cfw sony will go sue happy all over again in the end they might go after the Users who use cfw its just a pain so yes i am on 3.70

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I'm currently on a CFW, however if I need to update to play a game so be it. I will not upgrade just because an update is available, however I am not so desperate to stay on a CFW that I will ignore the latest games available for the system.

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on this: 1. The CFW will patch my Exsisting 3.61 OFW Slim Ps3. 2. If CFW dont support 3.61 Down Grade then not sure what ill do.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkenSX said:
Depends on this: 1. The CFW will patch my Exsisting 3.61 OFW Slim Ps3. 2. If CFW dont support 3.61 Down Grade then not sure what ill do.

A new CFW that can only be installed on 3.55 would be completely worthless. Until someone release a cfw 3.60 or above that can be installed on the latest OFW, then the scene is officially dead.

At the moment, the PS3 scene is completely dead and the only way to make it live again is with a CFW that can be installed on OFW 3.60 or above.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The scene is not completely dead, just partially, there are homebrew (game, application) developers working on it.
Only piracy is dead? sure you can't play recent released games, but homebrew are fine. It's just lacking more developers though, it seems like there are less than 10.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have 2 ps3s so i updated on my offcial ps3 and i still have my 3.55 cfw ps3
smile.gif
the plus features are not that great though, they don't even work properly!

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
i have 2 ps3s so i updated on my offcial ps3 and i still have my 3.55 cfw ps3
smile.gif
the plus features are not that great though, they don't even work properly!
-----------
Plus isnt reallly all its cracked up to be.
---------
Btw All Is it possible To make a fake psn server like so we can access our consoles the way sony accesses them online i was thinking could there be possibly commands that can be issued through psn if we had a false server emulated so the ps3 thinks its on psn when its not cause psn is the factor that mods our firmware from version X.xx to X.xx
might we be able to change firm if we could do this?

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not updating yet I am waiting until winter breakish so I can get a game and update.Either Fifa 12 or Skyrim probably Fifa as its way better then it is on PC and because Skyrim is more moddable on PCs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is now a way to downgrade 3.70 -> 3.55 !

But you will need a modchip to dump and write your NOR chipset.
So, it's not yet for everyone, but it's possible
smile.gif

Though, it doesn't allow you to play newer games on cfw, only to go back to 3.55
If you want to play new games, update your console. (or make a dual boot
biggrin.gif
)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
3.70 updated, reasons are simple: I don't need a modded PS3. I have a Wii that I could mod any time once I get bored with the PS3 and on top of that, I have quite a big collection of PS3 games with nice online content. Why bother without PSN?

-Qtis

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess this poll has no use now since they've found out a way of downgrading from 3.70 to cfw3.55 and this is where it gets good:
you can have both! (that is if you have 2 hdd's. So you get the best of both worlds!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1