Hacking Will Vita fan translations ever be a thing?

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With 3DS games it's really easy to edit (if you have the knowledge) a games resources because we can easily decrypt the romfs.

How far along is Vita game dumping and reverse engineering? Do you think we'll ever be able to translate (even poorly) the many Japanese exclusive games?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Vita games have been dumped before, but we have absolutely no way to re-encrypt them, or even run them for that matter, so it wouldn't work regardless.

There's a whole 1 working and released native Vita exploit at this point, it's restricted to 3.51 and lower and only lets us run homebrew. Rejuvenate doesn't have access to what we'd need to run backups, and quite frankly I don't think it'll happen any time soon (minus the Cobra Black Fin thing, but that won't let you run edited games anyways). Sony didn't fuck around with their security this time around.

Reactions: Hicip1956

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita games have been dumped before, but we have absolutely no way to re-encrypt them, or even run them for that matter, so it wouldn't work regardless.

There's a whole 1 working and released native Vita exploit at this point, it's restricted to 3.51 and lower and only lets us run homebrew. Rejuvenate doesn't have access to what we'd need to run backups, and quite frankly I don't think it'll happen any time soon (minus the Cobra Black Fin thing, but that won't let you run edited games anyways). Sony didn't fuck around with their security this time around.
it's funny that they didn't mess around with the security for a console they literally don't care about anymore :rofl2:

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's funny that they didn't mess around with the security for a console they literally don't care about anymore :rofl2:
I think Sony predicted the Vita would be huge because "it's basically a portable PS3" without realizing a lot of people don't care about specs as long as they get good games. The Vita's basically become a console for niche JRPGs and ports. Not that it's a bad thing, I just bought my PSTV for those kinds of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters