Homebrew Will this PC-less EmuNAND creation setup work?

Portalastical64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right place to ask this…

So what I’m trying to do is create an EmuNAND on an Old 3DS XL with only an iPod touch for assistance. I’ve made sure there’s enough room on the card, and I’ve injected HBL into Download Play (using Rosalina) and ftpd into H&S (using GodMode9).

The plan is to copy all the contents of the card to my iPod using ftpd, format the card with gm9, and then use the ex-H&S app to copy everything back.

Are there any flaws in this plan? (And please don’t ask why I’m doing this, I don’t know why.)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right place to ask this…

So what I’m trying to do is create an EmuNAND on an Old 3DS XL with only an iPod touch for assistance. I’ve made sure there’s enough room on the card, and I’ve injected HBL into Download Play (using Rosalina) and ftpd into H&S (using GodMode9).

The plan is to copy all the contents of the card to my iPod using ftpd, format the card with gm9, and then use the ex-H&S app to copy everything back.

Are there any flaws in this plan? (And please don’t ask why I’m doing this, I don’t know why.)
Why r u doing this?

Portalastical64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case. You are going to want a FULL nand backup of the entire console. Aswell as having a Ntrboothax flashcart. Seeing as if ya have no idea what you're doing. You will likely mess something up which will require restoring.

No, I know what I’m doing. I’m just not sure why I’m doing it.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, there is a flaw: Injecting HB Launcher into another application with Rosalina is just a setting in Luma3DS config.bin and will replace loading the selected application with loading boot.3dsx from SD.
After formatting the SD, both Luma3DS (config) and boot.3dsx (HB Launcher), will be gone.

When doing useless experiments just for fun, it is always the best idea to stay on the safe side: Backup your SD content and your NAND onto at least two different locations before experimenting.

Theoretically the files needed for starting up ftpd after formatting the SD with EmuNAND support, could be temporarily parked on CTRNAND -- which I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Experiments with safety net: fine
Experiments without safety net: asking for trouble

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1