Will the 3D in N3DS CFW be fixed?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JacksonS, Feb 13, 2016.

1. JacksonS
    OP

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    It seems like every CFW I try has this issue with out-of-focus 3D on my New 3DS. I really don't like to have to close and open it every single time, especially since it's an XL. Is anyone even looking into fixing it with future releases of ReiNAND or some other CFW?

2. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @JacksonS You may ask shinyquagsire23 really nicely, maybe he and team salt decide to reveal the method to fix it, but I doubt it.

Last edited by Wuigi, Feb 13, 2016
  3. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    pretty sure it has to do with the bootloader affecting GPU refresh, which devs dont have access too

4. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012

ground and pdapanda like this.
  5. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    This is one of those minor inconveniences that simply doesn't bother me, that quarter of a second it takes to close and open my 3DS whenever I turn the system on is something I'll happily live with in order to appreciate everything that my CFW can accomplish.

RSA6974, sniper_x002, Zidapi and 2 others like this.
  6. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    My solution is this: I start the 3DS with the lid closed (CTR bootmanager autoboot to ReiNAND).

7. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    If it doesn't bother you, wtf are you doing replying in this thread?

8. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Pointing out how stupid it is to be complaining over such a minute "issue."

9. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    It's an issue that's had a fix worked out for it for a while, but intentionally withheld from the public because...reasons, so the question is valid.

10. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Why do they need to keep this away from the public? Don't they have bigger, better things they're hiding, other than just a 3D fix for N3DS CFW?

Zidapi likes this.
  11. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    I've got a theory on that, but I don't want to put words in their mouth....

12. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    And I beg to differ, this bug gets old fast. Of course provided you use the system more than twice a week..

13. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Why don't you just leave the system in emuNAND? I have had to deal with the issue only twice in the last year, when a) I forgot to switch the wall outlet on when I plugged in my console to charge and didn't notice the charging light not coming on and b) when I went on a holiday and forgot my charger, and didn't want to fork out $15 for another one.

Zidapi and peteruk like this.
  14. JacksonS
    OP

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    The thing is I do use my console pretty often and I worry about wearing out the hinge closing and opening it so often. I was aware some team is withholding a fix but I was hoping to hear someone else is working on a solution.

15. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    As pointed in another post above, the team that "found a fix" its also withholding more things. It pretty much does look like the fix directly depends on withhold material. I barely understand the process on how they did achieve what they have shown to us and it's not noob-frienly at all. This is why it's withhold in the first place. Also it was meant as direct cfw access on sysnand 10.3 and a perfect collateral side effect of doing the things the way they did (if I understand it properly) could fix the issue automatically.

TL;DR: We don't have public, easy and proper access to the necessary chunks of data that fix the issue.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Feb 14, 2016
  16. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    There's a fix; the problem is that most people won't want to achieve otp to do it.

17. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    Completely undestandable, when the main otp grabbing method is to downgrade a system below 3.X.

18. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Correct and once achieved you can then dump the shut down process from the memory.

19. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    Well is not about the dump but about the inject back, as afaik the shutdown process is shared between systems.

20. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    There is a CFW being developed that has it implemented but for both the capture and the write back it requires OTP hence why I assume even teams like gateway haven't implemented it yet.

peteruk and Urbanshadow like this.