Will Sonic & The Black Knight be good?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Face it, Sonic Team always wants to make new gimmicks for every game and it's been failing each time. Will this game bring any true hope?

2. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    You are right.You just have to look at NiGHTS to see that your statement is true. But the really bad thing is, that they on`t even hide the fact, that they are stretching the length of their games with poor quality parts (for example Werehog in SU or Kids in NiGHTS)... Otherwise the core gameplay is always at least decent.

So I guess this one will be decent, like SatSR was [​IMG]

3. oliebol

Member oliebol GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I thinks it´s going to be a horrible game. Sega has to stop changing the goal of sonic´s games. It should be a game with speed and running, not with swords or werehogs.

4. Walo

Newcomer Walo Advanced Member

Chile
    Sonic is not just about running....

5. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    it looks good, but ill read the reviews before i get it

6. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    I have some hope.. the game is looking good.. it'll probably be better than Unleashed.

But.. then I remember this:

[​IMG]

7. Rebound

Member Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    That cycle is so true.
    But we can't know if the game is going to be good before it comes out, we just have to wait and see

8. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I guess sega are the type of company that wants to make use of all the technology available. As such, on the weaker systems such as the DS, they do not alter the formula significantly and as such it gets the best reviews.

9. Master_SL

Newcomer Master_SL Member

United States
    Sonic team is actually forced to churn out Sonic games per yearly basis. Hene why they dont get to develop games for a very long time and nowhere near the amount of time they had with the original sonic games for the Genesis.

10. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    nintendo power gave it a 80/100

11. MG4M3R

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    The Sonic Cycle was broken with Sonic Unleashed X360/PS3, even if it received low grades because of the Werehog, the game was quite enjoyable.

Famitsu gave it a 9/9/9/7, so it was really a great game.

Sonic and The Black Knight is promissing be even better, and since the game will be released tomorrow and the hipe just got bigger with every information (Unlike Sonic Cycle claims), we can expect great things of it.

To tell the truth I, expect SBK to be the best 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 because of its surrealistic natural stages (like in the classic Genesis games), character design, no humans, etc...

Some videos:

Even the OST is totally aewsome...remembers me of Sonic 3D Blast for Sega Saturn...

Also, the graphics are amazing for a Wii title...

12. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I think the game will be pretty good, but not groundbreaking at all.

I didn't dislike recent Sonic games actually. I thought Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog were really bad, but Sonic and the Secret Rings was actually a very good game (even though it wasn't perfect) and Sonic Unleashed was pretty enjoyable too. Sure, they're not like the old games, but still enjoyable.

I really liked Sonic and the Secret Rings, and this one was supposed to be similar. Also, it exclusively developed for the Wii, which means no PS2 graphics and controls that actually work better with the GameCube controller or something similar. I'm looking quite forward to this, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it.

13. yikkyon

Member yikkyon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Whaaaat?!
    I liked it better when Sonic was saving animals of the forest!
    JUST saving animals of the forest!
    The sword looks little nice...but is it gonna talk?
    If it is then I'm not getting it...

14. Cygoku

Banned Cygoku Banned

Canada
    I hope backup will be playable.

Cygoku

15. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
  16. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    IGN is stupid. I bet they didn't even play the game. For the gameplay, you don't have to keep fighting the enemies. From the videos I've seen, you can jump around them and over them just to get to the finish. You don't need to fight them. They just wasted there time. And I doubt the lasting appeal was that bad, they are just being biased that its not there usual Sonic game. >_>

17. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    IGN would be more likely to be biased in favor of the game rather than against a game. What benefit would they get from saying the game is bad? A few views on the review? While Nintendo Power could have possibly boosted the scores in favor of the game's sales. I'm willing to throw down money to say that Sonic & The Black Knight will be terrible.

18. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
  19. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    that score isnt right add up all 5 scores and divide 5 you end up with 6.1 not 3.9. Ign fails again there's no way this game is a 3.9

20. MG4M3R

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    IGN and Game Spot are cheating!!!

They want kill the Sonic Series so bad that are now making nonsense reviews =.=

First Sonic Unleashed X360/PS3 had a wrost grade that the empty Wii/PS2 version, in Game Spot they gave Sonic '06 (the wrost Sonic ever) a better grade that the Sonic Unleashed X360/PS3 (4/10).

For comparison, Famitsu gave a 9/10, 9/10, 9/10, 7/10 for Unleashed X360/PS3.

And now IGN gave a 3.9 for a game that is 10000000000x better that Sonic Unleashed Wii version?

They are nuts???

I knew this would happen when I read that damn preview where they praised the game well, but criticized the fact of having to shake the Wiiremote to attack...

I still believe this is the best game in the series since Sonic Adventure 2.

I can not wait to know what to Famitsu think about the game.