Will pasta EVER work on NH 2.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Nintendo Fanboy, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    I know NH 2.0 just came out, but if smea releases the full source code, will it be possible to load backups?
    Hopefully.

2. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    NO. NO. NO! The new Ninjhax, simply gets the permissions from the Home Menu. Yls8 had even stated that ever since 9.3+, the system has been considered "air tight" and that most of the exploits have been patched.

If you're running Ninjhax 2.0, on FW 9.2 then MAYBE - I dunno. 9.3+, is a big fat NO!

Please do some research, if you haven't done so already: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws

scorpiotaisho likes this.
  3. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    No, because unlike Ninjhax 1.X, ARM9 on firmware higher than 9.3(? correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't been exploited, which is required for pasta to work.

4. WhoAmI?

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    This dude is only hyped about Ninjhax because he wants piracy -_- What a dumb thing to hope for.

AquaX101 likes this.
  5. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I'm not into piracy either. When it comes to the emulators for older games, I like to rip from my own cartridges when I can. Downloaded roms can have the possibility of being vandalized from their original form, but I'll do so if necessary.

If ARM9 gets exploited for the latest firmware again, all I want is an American Emunand with eShop always working that my European N3DS will always boot straight into. That wasn't even perfectly achieved back on the earlier FW, so I'm not getting my hopes up. RegionFOUR is more than enough for me.

WhoAmI? likes this.
  6. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    Who are you? XD
    Are you sudofox, the creator of sudomemo for flipnote studio dsi?

7. WhoAmI?

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    I like the initial question ;)

Nintendo Fanboy likes this.
  8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Information never hurts but nh2 source will likely have no effect on piracy research on > 9.2. Maybe there's something in the source that can cause a light bulb to go off in a talented/motivated dev, but that's wishful thinking since the nh2 exploits are all userland and likely won't benefit arm9 exploit research.

Homebrew runability on latest firmware could increase the # of devs that can conduct arm9 vuln research, and that's probably more useful than nh2's source code.
    Everything's speculation at this point.

WhoAmI? likes this.
  9. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Thats what they said obout 4.5+

10. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    And they stayed wrong for almost two years.

11. WhoAmI?

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Perhaps. The real question is: Is anyone gonna be bothered to exploit the system, again?

Edit: Since we already have userland execution on arm11, we'd basically have to exploit another service correct? What other services could probably be targeted?

12. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 22, 2015, Reason: Bullcrap -rp.
    Jul 21, 2015
  13. WateredFire19

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    Remeber me @Nintendo Fanboy ? Lol.

But THIS isn't entirely true. When a kernal exploit is found for 9.3 and up, then absolutley.

But honestly @Nintendo Fanboy . If you want that so bad, then buy a 9.2 or below 3DS. Pretty much all brand-new 2DS's, 3DS's, and 3DS XL's will have that firmware. Or if you really can't or don't want to spend at least $100, buy a SKY3DS for around 70-80. You can use the cart for piracy which is better then a CFW because there is no need to convert the .3DS files into those pesky CIA's. And you can use the Cubic Ninja ROM to run Ninjhax 2.0 for homebrew on firmwares above 9.2.

14. MichiS97
    This message by MichiS97 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 22, 2015, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Jul 21, 2015
  15. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    Yeah!!

16. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Hyrule Field
    i ran Ninjhax 2.0 on 9.2.0.20-E and can confirm only hombrew will work nothing else

17. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    Why even. Pasta requires exploits that were patched, so unless someone finds a kernel exploit on 9.3+, you are out of luck. If you want to pirate get a Sky3DS, or get a 9.2 3DS.

18. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    @sweis12 Said: "Thats what they said obout 4.5+"

19. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!

20. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    My vote is yes, at some point in the future pasta (or something similar) will end up on 9.3+. The caveat here is when. Throwing my best educated guess out there, I'll say not anytime within the next six months. A new exploit will have to be found and a lot of the existing stuff that's currently used for pasta will have to be rewritten. I suspect by the time a new exploit is discovered, you will have moved on. Either get a 9.2 or earlier console, or wait it out. The choice is yours (although waiting it out very well might mean waiting until after the console is commercially dead).

21. WateredFire19

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    If I were him I'd just get a Sky3DS. Piracy on 9.9, and without that annoying process of converting your .3DS. to .CIA's.

22. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    On a slightly different note, I'd heard some rumors floating around that "supposedly" getting "legit" cia's to install on 9.3+ might be doable in the nearish future. If there is any truth to that, then maybe the sysnand files can be individually downgraded to exploitable versions (the browser in particular comes to mind) and exploited as per the older versions....I guess we won't really know if this is feasible until after someone works out how to get "legit" cia's installed and hammers out a method for doing this though (probably someone with a hardmod will need to attempt this first, as it's very likely something that could cause a partial, or even complete brick) - provided there's not any prevention built into the system to prevent an older version of a system file from overwriting a newer version.

To be honest, that's probably the best solution for him, as no one has a crystal ball handy to predict if my above theory will work, or WHEN it will be able to even be attempted.