Gaming Will I be able to play new games with this tutorial?

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm planning on following This tutorial when I get my PSP 3000 Rachet & Clank Size Matters PSP bundle tomorrow, and I know that this comes with a firmware lower then 5.03 so all I have to do is download the 5.03 update extract it and put the update file in the game folder of my psp then run that on the psp, right?
tongue.gif
Also, if I follow that tutorial and use the downloads listed in the description and just do everything the guy does will I be able to play newer games like AC:Bloodlines? Also, if i use this tutorial will I be able to play online with friends? Like for example SoCOM, will I be able to play online? Thanks
smile.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. The ChickHen part is right but the 5.03 MHU won't get you to play newer games. Get GEN-C instead for the latest games. Do know that GEN-C has save corruption problems apparently.
frown.gif
At least for some.
Nope you can't play online normally but you can get the psnenabler plugin to play some games online.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
put the update file in an 'UPDATE' folder inside the 'GAME' folder.
If you install 5.03 GEN-C straight after doing ChickHEN R2, yes, you will be able to play AC: Bloodlines. Not a very good game though. You won't be able to play online though because the latest firmware is 6.2 and is necessary to get on PSN, maybe the next PSNabler will work with Socom though (ATM, I'm not sure if the current ones do)

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So instead of using CFW Enabler 3.60 I use 5.03 GEN-C? o_o. I'm confused
tongue.gif
. Can anybody tell me what I need to do? Is there a video tutorial?

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Yes use GEN-C instead. Follow that one up to the point where they use CFWEnabler 3.6 and swap 3.6 for GEN-C. Read the instructions and voila same thing different firmware.
Can I have a link to GEN-C please
smile.gif
. I'm a noob sorry
tongue.gif

lad_cali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you get your bundle, can you tell me which firmware is on your psp? I just order a black Ratchet and Clank bundle on amazon. I think it has firmware 5.03 or less, but I am not sure. So, I want to check again just to make sure. By the way, what is your psp bundle color as the Ratchet and Clank bundle comes with two color, black and silver. And I don't know if both of them has the same firmware or not.

Thank you, I will wait for your reply about the firmware.

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lad_cali said:
When you get your bundle, can you tell me which firmware is on your psp? I just order a black Ratchet and Clank bundle on amazon. I think it has firmware 5.03 or less, but I am not sure. So, I want to check again just to make sure. By the way, what is your psp bundle color as the Ratchet and Clank bundle comes with two color, black and silver. And I don't know if both of them has the same firmware or not.

Thank you, I will wait for your reply about the firmware.

# Assassin's Creed: 5.50 firmware
# Dissidia Final Fantasy: 5.01 firmware
# FIFA 09: 4.21 firmware
# Hanna Montana: 5.50 firmware
# Ratchet and Clank: 4.21 firmware
# Resistance Retribution: 4.21 firmware
# Rock Band Unplugged: 5.02/5.50 firmware
# Soul Calibur: 5.51 firmware

Taken from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=191043. I'm getting a Silver, 'cause I like how it looks so I can't confirm anything for the black one.

lad_cali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I have read that topic before. It is fine if you could tell me what firmware on the silver bundle. As I know that the black bundle was released 2 months after the silver bundle and both of them was released a long time before the 5.50 firmware was released. What I want to check is to see if there is any chance that the bundle was re-released and had firmware higher than 5.03 on it.

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lad_cali said:
Thank you, I have read that topic before. It is fine if you could tell me what firmware on the silver bundle. As I know that the black bundle was released 2 months after the silver bundle and both of them was released a long time before the 5.50 firmware was released. What I want to check is to see if there is any chance that the bundle was re-released and had firmware higher than 5.03 on it.

I'll be sure you confirm the Silver but the Black I'll try to ask an employee if its in stock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat