Hacking Will Fusee Gelee prevent me from using my Switch normally?

ZipZup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll probably get downvoted for asking such a simple question (couldn't find a straight answer) and being pro piracy, but can anyone please let me know if this is what Fusee Gelee will enable? Will I be able to pirate games on it?

I intend to pirate to try games out and buy the ones I really like as well as buy some multiplayer games, will Fusee Gelee prevent me from going online, updating Switch firmware and generally using my Switch the 'right' way?

I have the latest firmware

ZipZup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no downvote :P
And, yes, you will be able to pirate games...
Atmosphere won't prevent you from going online, but Nintendo might do it.
You can use your switch normally with Atmosphere.

Thank you! What do you mean "Nintendo might do it?" Can I just "disable" Atmosphere if I want to be extra safe playing online?

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well a cfw can let you play backups of "your games" , the point of fusee is install a custom fireware (cfw), teorically with that you can play online and whatever you want to do. But the problem is that we dont know if Nintendo will ban us or not from online in the future, if we install a cfw like 3ds
i just want play emulators and gc games etc

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thank you! What do you mean "Nintendo might do it?" Can I just "disable" Atmosphere if I want to be extra safe playing online?
I mean BAN.
And Atmosphere (if I understand it correctly) is going to be like EmuNAND, so you can boot to your normal SysNAND, which have to be on supported FW, or to your EmuNAND which is probably going to be on higher FW. So, if you SysNAND is to low, you might not be able to use it.
But I highly doubt that Nintendo will ban you just for using EmuNAND. But we don't know anything about their ban hammer for Switch yet, so we can just hope ;) .

Reactions: rac

ZipZup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just wait and see. Would be ok with buying a second Switch just for CFW if needed

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think Nintendo will be a lot harder with bans that they did on the 3DS. I think they will ban without giving a reason if you run a CFW now, not just for online gameplay.

Reactions: McWhiters9511

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I mean BAN.
And Atmosphere (if I understand it correctly) is going to be like EmuNAND, so you can boot to your normal SysNAND, which have to be on supported FW, or to your EmuNAND which is probably going to be on higher FW. So, if you SysNAND is to low, you might not be able to use it.
But I highly doubt that Nintendo will ban you just for using EmuNAND. But we don't know anything about their ban hammer for Switch yet, so we can just hope ;) .

Why would the Sysnand be lower FW than the Emunand, shouldn´t they be on the same FW?

I was also wandering, like the OP, if there´s going to be a way to go online "legally" to play games like smash. Will athmosphere be detectable by nintendo?? can it be "turned off" when going online??

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Why would the Sysnand be lower FW than the Emunand, shouldn´t they be on the same FW?

I was also wandering, like the OP, if there´s going to be a way to go online "legally" to play games like smash. Will athmosphere be detectable by nintendo?? can it be "turned off" when going online??
Because SysNAND needs to be on supported FW, to run the exploit to run EmuNAND (at least that's how I think it works).

Reactions: leorod199

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fusee Gelee will not enable piracy. Atmosphere NX will not enable piracy. Nintendo will almost certainly ban a lot of people.

Those are the only facts we have right now.
A CFW lacking features to install custom applications really isn't a CFW at all, yeah? Ignoring piracy, i'm 100% sure there will be A. some way to run unofficial apps and B. some way to install them, and that = piracy.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the only real reason to make CFW/EmuNAND. What would it be used for otherwise?
Uh. Loading homebrew and having an updated NAND? If there's no title installer released with Atmosphere, then it doesn't natively support title installation. SciresM has gone on record saying that piracy is not the motivator behind the release of Atmosphere

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol