Hacking Will FailOverflow Allow Backup Games?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just read this post here https://fail0verflow.com/blog/2018/shofel2/ and was wondering if this is the beginning phase of us seeing a Wii U USB Helper type app for the Switch?!
Seems like you didn't read the first 3 sentences.
"Choosing whether to release an exploit or not is a difficult choice. Given our experiences with past consoles, we’ve been wary of releasing vulnerability details or exploits for fear of them being used primarily for piracy rather than homebrew."
They are clearly against piracy (even if their exploit will allow to run pirated games in the future). They won't make a USB Helper or something similar of any kind.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whenever failoverflow delivers, it’s not for the purpose of piracy but homebrew.
We now have an unpatchable entrypoint granting almost complete control, it is up to us (or other developers) what to make of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,
Reactions: MikeTheKnight2016

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you didn't read the first 3 sentences.
"Choosing whether to release an exploit or not is a difficult choice. Given our experiences with past consoles, we’ve been wary of releasing vulnerability details or exploits for fear of them being used primarily for piracy rather than homebrew."
They are clearly against piracy (even if their exploit will allow to run pirated games in the future). They won't make a USB Helper or something similar of any kind.

Sorry - I should have elaborated more. I realize that failoverflow is not interested in the piracy scene, but was unclear if this was opening the door and laying the groundwork for a different dev to come in and create.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If failoverflow delivers, it won’t be for the purpose of piracy but homebrew.
We now have an unpatchable entrypoint granting almost complete control, it is up to us (or other developers) what to make of it.

Hah - yes this was the info I was after! It potentially gives a dev the ability to create one (I read that failoverflow is strictly after homebrew)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If failoverflow delivers, it won’t be for the purpose of piracy but homebrew.
fail0verflow already delivered their own implementation of fusée gelée, a 3D model for a joy con rail adapter and linux for switch. I think that they delivered pretty much.

If there's no software solutions, Team Xecuter is going to make a lot of money. We can't allow that here. :teach:
There will be a software solution sooner or later.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fail0verflow already delivered their own implementation of fusée gelée, a 3D model for a joy con rail adapter and linux for switch. I think that they delivered pretty much.

I know they did, I merely meant to say that whenever they do, it’s not for the purpose of piracy.
Perhaps I should have phrased it better.

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,
Reactions: Technicmaster0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle