Will Apple fix my computer?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always buy another HD.
tongue.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Apple, the company who loves your money most. They will most probably want you to buy a new one.
laugh.gif

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To replace the HDD you have to remove the glass.(Not entirely sure about this but the guide i looked at says so)And to remove the glass you need suction thingymabobs which I don't have and two different types of screwdrivers.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think they would repair it for you, but, since it isn't under warranty anymore, they will charge you a fee for it. Which I presume also includes the price of the new HDD.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrmon said:
I think they would repair it for you, but, since it isn't under warranty anymore, they will charge you a fee for it. Which I presume also includes the price of the new HDD.

That is what I was hoping for. If the hdd costs a lot of money then I might just get an acer laptop.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just go to any random laptop service store and they'll do if for you. If you want to do it yourself, all you need are the screwdrivers (purchasable at any hardware store) and two suction bathroom towel hangers. It's really not a big deal.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Pyrmon said:

That is what I was hoping for. If the hdd costs a lot of money then I might just get an acer laptop.
The HDDs Apple sell are slightly more expansive, so I would suggest finding a cheap one online and bringing the iMac and the new HDD and tell them to replace it. It shouldn't be too expansive and should cost much less than a new laptop.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Pyrmon said:

so wait... you rather get rid of a perfectly good computer and go with acer than just replace the hard drive?

just replace the hard drive. it's not that difficult. or go to ANY computer service shop and they'll do it it for you. you don't need to go to apple.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, he said "get rid of a Mac and get just about anything else" which is highly advised lol. On a serious note though, swapping hard drives will be cheaper.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant if it was around 100 dollars I would get the harddrive replaced but if it was like 300 then it would be another story and yes I realize it will only be around 100 but Apple likes to be lame.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I upgraded my HDD in my macbook, it was really straight foreword and easy, you should just look up a guide to do it, I can't imagine the imacs are much harder to do.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
I upgraded my HDD in my macbook, it was really straight foreword and easy, you should just look up a guide to do it, I can't imagine the imacs are much harder to do.

Already did and I already decided I'll just go to the apple store so they can do it for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up