Will a NAND backup solve the 5.1 problem?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by navega, Jul 26, 2014.

1. navega
    OP

navega Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Sorry about the noob question , a fresh NAND backup can restore the cIOS and make 5.1 update works?

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    AFAIK There's no way to restore a NAND backup on vWii.

3. navega
    OP

navega Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Brazil
    hmm , so whats the point to make a backup before installing cIOS?Maybe in the future we will be able to restore NAND ?

4. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I can be done with a progskeet, infectus, a teensy, or a multitude of other flash memory writers.

5. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    To set the record straight: no one has publicly said they have written their vWii NAND back (yet) with hardware or software.
    While it MAY be possible, too many issues are currently unknown.

6. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Ok, well then let me say it. I have. I did it the same exact way that I do it with the wii. It was simple.

7. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    Did you cross mix a vWii NAND from 1 firmware version with different firmware version WiiU NAND or EMMC or DRH firmware?

8. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    No, and I can't anymore bc I don't have a wii u anymore. I only had it for like a week when the wii u was first released. But hell, if people want to contribute something to me so I can work my magic and document everything then I would be very happy to, but I just don't have the cash flow for me to purchase one especially with a baby coming within the next week or so.